Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-15-2002, 10:04 AM   #21
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:

No problem, Blind Prophet (I really like that nick! [img]smile.gif[/img] ), except for the fact that I'm not a man [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Enjoy your stay!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks again i like my name too. Also sorry about the man thing.
Old 01-15-2002, 02:27 PM   #22
Sorcerer Alex

quote:
Originally posted by Blind_Prophet:

Thanks again i like my name too. Also sorry about the man thing.

But you know, you should really think about deleting the last comma in your sig

Old 01-15-2002, 07:32 PM   #23
Black Dragon
Zhentarim Guard

Whoa, I didn't think this would become such a big problem. Sry about that blind prophet. I didn't mean to make you upset. I didn't even notice the prob in mine. (now I feel kinda dumb) darn. *sigh* I'll fix it later. For now. I'm really tired from school and stuff so I'll be going to sleep now.
Black owns!<br />Dragons rule!!<br /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/blackdragonpic.jpg\" alt=\" - \" /><br /> <b>If the media decided that breathing wasn\'t \"cool\" anymore, half the teenage population would be gone.</b> --Someguy
Old 01-16-2002, 01:36 AM   #24
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Let's just say let this be a lesson: first and foremost rule of Netiquette: NEVER correct the grammar of a fellow poster...quite possibly one of the rudest things one can do, even in fun. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Oh, and Black Dragon, just so you'll know...the title; it's generally considered to be very poor form to use ALL CAPS. It's called "shouting."

Cheers,
-Sazerac

[ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: Sazerac ]

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 01-16-2002, 08:16 AM   #25
Epona
Zartan

Saz, I remember for a while at the Elysium one of the regular members signed up with an alter ego called Grammar Check (or something like that) and just corrected everyone's grammar constantly. Well let me tell you, it bugged the shit out of me (can I say that here??)

Also, in case anyone gets ideas about doing that here from reading this post - just bear in mind that it isn't big or clever - and 'I'll visit you in the small hours and put a bat up your nightie' (100 points if anyone can remember what British comedy series that quote is from).

[ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: Epona ]

Old 01-16-2002, 10:35 AM   #26
Black Dragon
Zhentarim Guard

Man I didn't mean to make such a big mess out of this, I just figured since he's my freind and all maybe he might want to know he mispelled something. Sheesh. No biggy.
Black owns!<br />Dragons rule!!<br /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/blackdragonpic.jpg\" alt=\" - \" /><br /> <b>If the media decided that breathing wasn\'t \"cool\" anymore, half the teenage population would be gone.</b> --Someguy
Old 01-16-2002, 10:40 AM   #27
Epona
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Black Dragon:
Man I didn't mean to make such a big mess out of this, I just figured since he's my freind and all maybe he might want to know he mispelled something. Sheesh. No biggy.

The point that everyone is trying to make is that IW has a PRIVATE MESSAGE function for things like that - use it! Or e-mail.
Ziroc spends his own time and money on this forum, and has very limited server space. Don't clutter up public forum space by posting messages to one person!
Old 01-16-2002, 10:43 AM   #28
Black Dragon
Zhentarim Guard

I do send him e-mail every once and a while, but he never sends back so I guess he never checks his mail, plus how do you send the personal messages?
Old 01-16-2002, 10:51 AM   #29
Epona
Zartan

To send a PM, just find a previous post by the person you want to send to - you can use the search function to find posts made by a particular person.
When you are in the thread, look at the post - there are a number of buttons along the top above the text of the post - they are: PROFILE, MAIL, HOMEPAGE, PM, EDIT/DELETE and QUOTE. (MAIL and HOMEPAGE will only be visible if that person put a mail address and homepage address in their profile)

Click on the PM button, and a box will appear allowing you to send that person a private message!
Hope that helps.

[ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: Epona ]

Old 01-16-2002, 10:56 AM   #30
Black Dragon
Zhentarim Guard

Oh yeah hey I made a new topic about a brain twister. If you know the answer say it. Or if you don't then, try any way.