Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2002, 01:59 PM   #11
fable
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
I don't get the big deal about this. As Downunda says, he's just an ordinary teenager. The british press seems to love making a mountain out of a molehill. Any slip up of the royal family is seen as ground breaking news all the time, and to be honest, I'm quite sick of it.

The reason's simple: the Brits, like the bunch of us in the US, have a news media who determine the value of a story by its ability to sell the most ads/airtime. Dirt on the high and mighty, even specks of it, fits right up there in power of tittilation right alongside Three Killed in Auto Crash in Boise, Idaho, and Child's Body Found Mutilated in Ditch at Long Beach; the Full, Shocking Detais at 10.

The free media, IMO, is only free in whatever sense the owners of it permit.
Old 01-13-2002, 02:04 PM   #12
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by Istaron:
Yea yea, but you are from Holland, and everybody knows how you are down there.

And just what is THAT supposed to mean?
Old 01-13-2002, 02:11 PM   #13
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:

Read the rest of the posts in this thread and you'll see what he means i.e. Dutch laws are very loose compared to other countries, that's all, no need to be so paranoid.
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 01-13-2002, 04:15 PM   #14
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

quote:
Originally posted by Istaron:
Normal? ell, it isn't normal smoking such stuff.

And the reason they make so big "fuzz" of it, it is because the future king makes an illegal action.

Don't want to be picky here but harry is not the future king thats his big brother William, now if he was caught puffing i don't think youd hear too much about it.
Old 01-13-2002, 04:37 PM   #15
Smeagol
Elite Waterdeep Guard

He could be the future king. Will and Charlie boy would have to be bumped off first. That's if old Charles isn't considered too gaga to be king in the first place. Oh well it doesn't really matter and it hasn't been made that bigger deal of anyway.
\"This is Preservation Month. I appreciate preservation. It\'s what you do when you run for President. You\'ve got to preserve.\"<p>President George W. Bush speaking during Perserverance month.<p>\"I see this glass not half empty, but half full... and more\"<p>President George Bush Sr.
Old 01-13-2002, 04:53 PM   #16
Sorcerer Alex

quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:

Looks like we've been rumbled, Tom

Old 01-13-2002, 06:05 PM   #17
Lavindathar
Harper

Here is my two pence.

Firstly, Istaron, I luved the way you provoked the dutch, then when you had wound them up, dropped it. Twas smooth.

But I do think the dutch have that law correct, and that it should be legalised. (I am not going to say I have done such stuff, as my brother browses this board....hehe), BUT, I don't think making a natural substance illegal is correct. I think alchohol should be banned before cannabis, as it is manmade.

IMHO William will be the next king, as the Queen will choose to skip Charles on the throne, unless she kicks the bucket in the next 3-4 years.

And Harry is just being a normal lad, having the normal urges that normal lads do. Everyone want's to be a rebel, its the COOL thing to do. He also admitted to drinking underage, but hasn't everone else done that? I'm still underage now, and so is my bro, and we both drink.

Give my regards to the dutch.....
Old 01-13-2002, 06:26 PM   #18
Sorcerer Alex

You're right Lavandathar, I felt so offended that I hardly dared post this. Oh, the shame of having legal weed. Istaron, have pity and please, spare me your smoothness, I can't take much more....

Old 01-13-2002, 07:13 PM   #19
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
You're right Lavandathar, I felt so offended that I hardly dared post this. Oh, the shame of having legal weed. Istaron, have pity and please, spare me your smoothness, I can't take much more....

LOL [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 01-13-2002, 07:31 PM   #20
LennonCook
Jack Burton

I agree. He isnt being anything other than what he is- a teenager. And his father is RIGHT to send him to the Rehab- if it is a problem, that is what to do.

And Canabis- is not natural, not realy. The reason it is illegal is because of the damage it can cause. BUt some scientists say that if u can get a good clean, natural supply of it, it could actually be benificial.

This kind of reminds me of a recent story from Oz concerning the law about cannabis- (this is from a radio report)

A loophole from the 1999 drugs senate has recently been closed (at last). The law aloud children to carry up to 10 grams of Cannabis, twice the amount that adults are aloud. This is for personal use.
It has been changed back so that both Children and Adults are both aloud 15g for personal use. The Greens in the Upper House consider this a BACKWARD STEP!!

Now 30 grams- retails for about AUS$300, is enough to fill a sandwitch bag, and can make anywhere from 75 to 100 joints depending on how you role it, and that was for PERSONAL USE?!?!?!

Worst of all was when one of the Greens was called onto the radio station to explain what made it a backward step.

She said- It is the same as taking a six pack of beer to a party. If your drug of choice is cannabis, then this is wbat you will use.

Uhhh, sorry but it like taking a KEG to a party to drink ALL BY YOURSELF!!!
And why were children aloud more than adults ?? :2ponder:

I think ill just say that its a goverment thing.