Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2001, 03:09 AM   #1
jakalantern

hey u know the gems that look like eggs right well what do i do with those what can they do? i have some but cant do anything with them
Old 07-08-2001, 03:35 AM   #2
Alaric
Manshoon

Welcome to the board jakalantern.

Most gems in the game have only one purpose, to increase your gold pieces. Go ahead and sell them. In Kuldahar, they can be sold at Gerth's Equipment Shop.
Alaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2001, 03:35 AM   #3
DawnChaser
Zhentarim Guard

Welcome jakalantern!!!

As far as I can tell, those gems are only worth a small amount of gold when you sell them at the shops. If there is some other use for them, someone with more experience at it than me will be by to tell us both.

"Diamonds and Pearls: Prince!"

------------------
DawnChaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2001, 06:24 AM   #4
Bonzo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

In bg2 certain egg shaped gems could be worn on the head and gave some special abilities. However I have never encountered any in icewind dale so the gems u probably have are just ordinary gems to sell. See if the gems can be worn. If not they are normal and safe to sell.

------------------

Bonzo
"the important thing is not to be right or wrong
but to be certain. Being right helps of course."
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 02:59 AM   #5
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

Don't sell those gems! well, not until after you've defeated Wyrm's tooth.
Why? well, as you know, items are worth less to a shopkeeper everytime you seell a lot to them. if you have 5 gems of one type, don;t ever sell them one by one, you'll lose money. In fact, i believe it's best (if you're gonna save gems at all) to save them in a chest in kuldahur until after you clear Wyrm's Tooth and Joril's Cave. there's a ton of gems there. but it's a real let down if you'd sold every gem you got up to that point, then bring home 40 more gems that are worth much less than they used to be. so save them up and sell big lots of one kind of gem at a time, and you might be able to save up for that magic weapon.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote