Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2002, 03:28 PM   #1
Sir Goulum
John Locke

i m workin for aaron linvail and i need help with the vampires.
i'd like any tips or cheap ways to get them please. thank you.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 05:53 PM   #2
daan
Silver Dragon

1. Priest/cleric spell Sunray ... this spell will do over a 1000 !! damage, if any given undead creature fails his saving throw.

2. Get your best tank, Buff him up with the best armor and weapons you have, unleash every buff-spell unto him and then
-Improved- hast him. Now Aaron gave you a necklace, the necklace of power (or something), this gives you negative plane protection, which negates the level-drain effect of vampires. Let him wear this necklace and send in ONLY your super-tank.
Without their level-drain ability, vampires are very weak.

Happy hunting [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-09-2002, 05:55 PM   #3
Antagonist
Elite Waterdeep Guard

get the mace of disruption from the pool of blood in the NW corner of the Lair. This does extra damage against undead with a chance to kill if they fail a saving throw.
Archers Nest

[ 02-09-2002: Message edited by: Antagonist ]

Old 02-09-2002, 05:55 PM   #4
daan
Silver Dragon

Another way is to buy a "protection from undead" scroll, one can be bought at the adventurers mart.
Cast it on someone, and any undead will ignore him, no matter what he does. You can whack any undead, pie on him or dress him up like a doll, he still wont attack you >
Old 02-09-2002, 05:59 PM   #5
Sorcerer Alex

I agree with the others here. I always keep my party back and take ONE tank into the fight with the vampires. I equip this person with the mace of disruption and the amulet of power. This way, the fighter is immune to level drain and cannot go and attack your party if he/she gets charmed [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-09-2002, 06:06 PM   #6
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
I agree with the others here. I always keep my party back and take ONE tank into the fight with the vampires. I equip this person with the mace of disruption and the amulet of power. This way, the fighter is immune to level drain and cannot go and attack your party if he/she gets charmed [img]smile.gif[/img]

Also if you cast chaotic commands on your tank(s) they can't be dominated. Just make sure they're far enough out in front so that anyone who isn't protected with this spell can't be dominated.
Old 02-09-2002, 06:59 PM   #7
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

It has to be a Protection from Undead Scroll this makes all Undead unable to attack the person who used the scroll, even if you attack them. Just send one person in protected from undead and kill the lot of them(this scroll even works on the mighty Kangaxx whom everyone seemed to have so much trouble with).
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 07:30 PM   #8
georgecarnell

My WaY (if u's cares)

remover party ai, invisible anomen or vic or any cleric or paladin
with turn undead, improved invisible them, turning the turn undead on
before. go in they'll all scatter and try to walk through walls,

cos of the repulsion they're stuck to the walls and cant group
attack like they normally do, 1 vs 1 or 6 vs 1 the safe way
Old 02-09-2002, 07:40 PM   #9
Sir Goulum
John Locke

i think you misunderstand my question. i know how to defeat vampires in general, but i am doing the mission for aaron linvail. is there an easy way to do the mission?
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 07:46 PM   #10
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

Then which quest are you doing for him?
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote