Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2001, 01:49 AM   #11
Lord Ludtke
Zhentarim Guard

I have tried summoning the guys first, but then it is a hassle to get them fighting cause they stand behind me, waiting for me, the lowly sorcerer, to lead them into battle. I have tried putting my formation key to keep me in the back, but maybe summons don't play by those rules.

I will check out those places for the freebees, but what's with the mirror image/stoned combo for traps? The traps still seem to be beating me up even with the defences up.
Old 12-02-2001, 01:50 AM   #12
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Ludtke:
Dundee, how do you take care of healing? I don't like restarting when I do bad in a battle, but I might have to. Right now there doesn't seem to be enough free healing potions, and the cash isn't flowing so well that I can stock up on potions. I am going into the big battles stoned,blurred and mirrored and then summoning whatever I can. A couple Melf's latter and it is pretty much over but it doesn't take much to get my 33 hp Sorcerer half dead. 2 battles and I am screwed. So what does your soloist do?(it least when he sucked,like level 8 or 9)

I made my living with Fireball and Sunfire. Early in the game, you fight a lot of people that aren't resistant to fire. Toss a fireball in the middle of the enemy group and then immediately cast Sunfire. It seems to be timed perfect each time. Right when the enemies arrive, the Sunfire fireball explodes in the air around them. Then all you need is a few MMM's to finish them off.

Make sure you always use your stoneskins. This is a must spell for any spellcaster. If they can't hit you, they can't hurt you.
Mitro Jellywadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2001, 01:52 AM   #13
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Your summons are your 'meat-shields'. Select all of them except your Sorcerer and let them go first. Then when they engage the enemy, you move in.

[ADD]
Stoneskin protects you from physical attacks and traps. Mirror Image reduces the chance that the real you is hit by the trap. Later on, you can add Spell Immunity and Spell Trap to the list of protections.
[/ADD]
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2001, 01:55 AM   #14
Lord Ludtke
Zhentarim Guard

Thanks for the help guys.
Old 12-02-2001, 01:58 AM   #15
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Ludtke:
Thanks for the help guys.

No problem. Have fun!
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2001, 03:26 AM   #16
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

heh, im soloing a sorceror, and right now, at level 16, he just stomps people down. i must admit, i LOVE the sorceror class. too bad they cant multi or dual-class, heh.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2001, 07:45 AM   #17
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Morgan_Corbesant:
heh, im soloing a sorceror, and right now, at level 16, he just stomps people down. i must admit, i LOVE the sorceror class. too bad they cant multi or dual-class, heh.
A sorcerer/thief would be awesome!!!!
Fuzzy Animal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2001, 10:17 AM   #18
Anansi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

That's why I'm playing a multi fighter-illusionist gnome on insane. You get to be an excellent mage (intelligence 19 rules ok!) and you aren't completely useless in h2h.

My spells tend to be illusionary ones (you are supposed to roleplay your class you know) and charms. I find it much more satisfying to delude my opponents into killing each other, and shadows they can't see than just making them explode.

Remember, a magician is actually much more powerful than a straight fighter type in BG2, once you get by the beginning.
Old 12-02-2001, 10:22 AM   #19
Anansi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

So examples of my spells are: dire charm, (improved)invisibility, mirror image,spook,mental domination, simulacrum. . . and so forth. Not the average spell list I suppose, but I'm having fun and that's what counts!
Old 12-02-2001, 12:59 PM   #20
Melusine
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
If it really bugs you that much, I can edit the text.

Dundee, just ignore this! You are a pioneer on the subject of soloing here on the Ironworks! Your lists are very helpful and aren't formulated as the only possible way at all. Maybe some people are just jealous
[img]smile.gif[/img]