Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2000, 03:38 PM   #1
Shank

This message is directed to all BG1 "veterans", so no offence, but plz no newbs coming in making cheap ass guesses.

Anyway...I am sure ye all remember the Pretty cool spell Dimension Door in Bg, lvl 3 or 5 or somethin wasnt it? Well its cool the way the developers have added in some new spells, but where the heck is dimension door, a potentially life saving ( and cool ) spell?
If anyone has an answer or any edjucated guesses, please help.
Old 12-12-2000, 04:05 PM   #2
Satyre

I believe that there is a patch for the spell somewhere which enables the spell. As far as I knwo the spell is available only to NPCs in BGII. Go to the TeamBG site and look around fo rlinks to other BG II sites.. the patch is there somewhere.

Sorry I cant be more specific.
Old 12-12-2000, 08:00 PM   #3
Armisael

I didn't really find dimension door that useful. You could only teleport a few feet, anyway.
Incidentally, I did get a dimension door scroll off a goblin, once. It didn't work the same way it did in BG - you could only cast it on characters. It didn't do anything when cast on myself or my party, but when cast on NPCs it made them disappear into thin air. Neat, hmm?
Old 12-12-2000, 08:39 PM   #4
Suul-Yinn

Try the level 6 spell mislead, it is similar in that you are teleported a few feet away and made invisible(improved), but it leaves a copy of you behind to confuse the enemy Kangaxx is very fond of it as I found to my discomfort
Old 12-13-2000, 12:14 AM   #5
omegadawn
Welcomed New User

Oddly enough, My sorcerer had dimension door and it works just like in bg1. Its also on the spell list in shadowkeeper along with teleport wo error, which works exactly the same. Unfortunalty since I chose it from my sorcerer's spell list I dont where to find it. It's a useful spell for a fighter-mage(to close in quickly), or to get a mage out of an ambush that leaves himher on the frontline. Incidently I used shadowkeeper to get rid of it as I needed a more useful spell in his limited repetoir. If you really want it, edit!!
omegadawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 12:16 PM   #6
Sir Goulum
John Locke

The Cowled Wizards have it so you must be able to get it somewhere!
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 12:33 PM   #7
Azred
Drow Priestess

I used Shadowkeeper to add that spell to my spellbook. I don't use it much, but I keep one available at all times, just in case.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 05:12 AM   #8
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

if you have cheats enabled, put the cursor over your mage and type this:

CLUAConsole:LearnSpell("spwi401")

and it will be added to your spellbook, plus 4k xp.
Old 02-09-2002, 10:46 AM   #9
Extremist
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The command code is AddSpell, not LearnSpell. Besides, your command would add The Confusion spell in the spellbook of a mage (plus the XP - that is true).

The correct command is:
CLUAConsole:AddSpell("spwi402")

And yes, use the console if you want the spell, not SK.

[ 02-09-2002: Message edited by: Extremist ]

Extremist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 05:47 PM   #10
Antagonist
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The developers took the dimension door spell out of the game for BGII. There are places where you can download a spell file that has dimension door.
Mabye if your character had it in BGI and you import him/her into BGII. That might work.
Archers Nest

[ 02-09-2002: Message edited by: Antagonist ]