Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2005, 10:58 AM   #11
Blunderbuss
Zhentarim Guard

But surely a square couldn't fall through itself. If all sides are the same length then this shouldn't be possible. A rectangle, however, could easily fall through on itself.
Blunderbuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 12:13 PM   #12
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Erm... you're missing th point. When you take a circular cover, and try to push it through the circular hole that was designed to fit, it won't go through, no matter what side you turn it. When you take a rectangular/square cover, turn it so that one thin side goes through the diaginal, it falls through. Try it at home with some papers and scissors
Old 01-18-2005, 12:25 PM   #13
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Never drank a drink to get drunk in my life...and don't really plan to. Oh, and good points all---especially the one about me "needing" more sleep. However, note that college+life=awakeness. It's a simple formula, optimized long ago by those who are in the know.

Oh, and geometrically, a square could fall through itself, as a diagonal is longer than any of the sides.

*vows to himself to quit sleeping cold turkey*

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 02:16 PM   #14
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Master, o master, what have i done to deserve this master? I excel in what I do. No, this time I *will* see it through to the end. Hey, you can become a famous drawer too! Just not with a pencil you won't, oh no sir! What does it mean to be a Sempai? Nothing if you don't know why the bees hum... If a man with a walking stick walks up to you, the nickname always looks like this: connection_****** and then just enter !unban time -nick/ip. Do you think I can live for another fourty years? ... Do you drink? ... No! ... Do you smoke? ... No! ... Do you pay for women? ... No! ....... Why do you want to live another fourty years? Two Words: Funky Sideburns. Follow the tracks running past the slots with the poison darts. If you keep running the darts will miss you. Chibi actually means child or runt. The first fee I gave was free! And the satanic cult in liquid fire commited suicide by farting into a burning hunk of cheese. A banana gun blasted jimmy back to the last chance he got and then he drank some 100% pure can of whoop-ass! Which exploded, causing a nuclear explosion which odly killed no irish-american-midgets except one whose name started with fluffy-the-exploding-communist. The end of chapter one.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:56 PM   #15
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

It is your fault after all---my arms do hurt. Tiredness prevails and the marathon is not over yet so I think that I'll waste a few minutes on IW checking on the thread that I started for no real reason last night at 2:34 AM in the Eastern Standard Time Zone, as defined by a global convention no one really cares about in a time that was too long ago to mention when the birds and the bees sang about the eradication of everyone whose name began with a B but did not end in a W and i comes before e in.

Old 01-19-2005, 07:56 AM   #16
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

But manhole covers are square!!!
Intrepid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 09:30 AM   #17
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Intrepid:
But manhole covers are square!!!
You seem particulary caught up on that point, young cheesecake. Could it be that in Australia, manhole covers are indeed the divine shape of...squareness?

Old 01-19-2005, 09:32 AM   #18
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Nope, they are all round over here. In fact, I remember Billey Conelly(sp?) doing a small skit about it in one of his Australian videos....
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 02:59 PM   #19
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

The manhole covers are ROUND because they rese,ble the infinite loop of sewage: we eat&drink, we go to the toilet, we flush stuff down the drain so it becomes sewage, the sewage comes into the river, the riverwater is purified, we use the water to make food and also drink the water! Infinte looping!
Old 01-20-2005, 04:19 AM   #20
Sigmar
Unicorn

Arrow

I think it's a symbol of the...Illuminati so that they can smugly (and secretly) boast that they're pulling all the strings....

Think about it;

1-Manhole covers, the foundation on which every civilisation was built, are round.
2-Coinage is round, ever seen a square two-penny? Didn't think so (notes are retangular 'cos they have other symbols of theirs on each respective note...so as not to be too obvious).
3-Frisbees are round. Nuff' said.
4-The Sun AND the Moon are round, both of them. A coincidence? I think not. (There's no such thing as a sphere, it's all a matter of perspective).
5-U.F.O's are round, a well known fact.
6-Pizza's are round.
7-Football, the most well-loved object in the entire world is ROUND, hell every other sport involves a ROUND object, think about it.
8-CD's are round!
9-Rubber rings are round. The preservers of LIFE, the Illuminati control the fates of your life in more ways than one.
10-A square is not round, see how they try and throw off people with that? I was not fooled.
11-THE WORLD IS ROUND! THEY CONTROL EVERYTHING....EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!
12-I'm as mad as a spoon.

[ 01-20-2005, 04:21 AM: Message edited by: Sigmar ]
Sigmar is offline   Reply With Quote