Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2001, 08:27 AM   #1
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

This is like the free speech thing i posted, I know everyone is getting these, if you have one, I would love to see it here, as I think it would be good for us to read and compare the different ways the same idea can be expressed:
Pretty interesting words of an 18 year old. Hit the buildings, Missed America . .
. . Posted By: Charles Brennan, 18, Windrose, Florida. Thanks, Buck.

An open letter to a terrorist: Well, you hit the World Trade Center, but you
missed America. You hit the Pentagon, but you missed America. You used helpless
American bodies, to take out other American bodies, but like a poor marksman, you
STILL missed America. Why? Because of something you guys will never understand.
America isn't about a building or two, not about financial centers, not about
military centers, America isn't about a place, America isn't even about a bunch of
bodies. America is about an IDEA. An idea, that you can go someplace where you can
earn as much as you can figure out how to, live for the most part, like you
envisioned living, and pursue Happiness. (No guarantees that you'll reach it, but
you can sure try!) Go ahead and whine your terrorist whine, and chant your
terrorist litany: "If you can not see my point, then feel my pain." This concept is alien to
Americans. We live in a country where we don't have to see your point. But you're
free to have one. We don't have to listen to your speech. But you're free to say
one. Don't know where you got the strange idea that everyone has to agree with
you. We don't agree with each other in this country, almost as a matter of pride.
We're a collection of guys that don't agree, called States. We united our
individual states to protect ourselves from tyranny in the world. Another idea, we
made up on the spot. You CAN make it up as you go, when it's your country. If you're free enough. Yeah, we're fat, sloppy, easy-going goofs most of the time. That's an unfortunate image to project to the world, but it comes of feeling free and easy about the world you
live in. It's unfortunate too, because people start to forget that when you attack
Americans, they tend to fight like a cornered badger.

The first we knew of the War of 1812, was when England burned Washington D.C. to
the ground. Didn't turn out like England thought it was going to, and it's not
going to turn out like you think, either. Sorry, but you're not the first bully on
our shores, just the most recent.

No Marquis of Queensbury rules for Americans, either. We were the FIRST and so
far, only country in the world to use nuclear weapons in anger. Horrific idea,
nowadays? News for you bucko, it was back then too, but we used it
anyway. Only had two of them in the whole world and we used 'em both. Grandpa
Jones worked on the Manhattan Project. Told me once, that right up until they
threw the switch, the physicists were still arguing over whether the Uranium alone
would fission, or whether it would start a fissioning chain reaction that would
eat everything. But they threw the switch anyway, because we had a War to win.
Does that tell you something about American Resolve? So who just declared War on
us? It would be nice to point to some real estate, like the good old days.
Unfortunately, we're probably at war with random camps, in far-flung places. Who
think they're safe. Just like the Barbary Pirates did, IIRC. Better start sleeping
with one eye open.

There's a spirit that tends to take over people who come to this country, looking
for opportunity, looking for liberty, looking for freedom. Even if they misuse it.
The Marielistas that Castro emptied out of his prisons, were overjoyed to find out
how much freedom there was. First thing they did when they hit our shores, was run
out and buy guns. The ones that didn't end up dead, ended up in prisons. It was a
big PITA then (especially in south Florida), but you're only the newest PITA, not
the first.

You guys seem to be incapable of understanding that we don't live in America,
America lives in US! American Spirit is what it's called. And killing a few
thousand of us, or a few million of us, won't change it. Most of the time, it's a
pretty happy-go-lucky kind of Spirit. Until we're crossed in a cowardly manner,
then it becomes an entirely different kind of Spirit.

Wait until you see what we do with that Spirit, this time. Sleep tight, if you
can. We're coming.

Charles Brennan

Please add the various ones you find...

------------------
Unstinting Gaurdian of Children
Defender of Those Unable To

To Err is Human To Forgive Divine, However Neither is U.S. Marine Corps Policy. Nuke'm til the damn camels glow.