Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2003, 01:51 PM   #1
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

Ok so i finally beat it ,thank the lord, another day and i would have just quit. The final battle with Isair and Madae was not hard at all even though my whole party died except for my soccerer! The battle that was harder for me was the one on the top of the war tower, but i bet it.

Here are some hints on beating Isair and Madae
SPOILERS
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
1)The biggest problem is all the creatures that gt sumoned(or atleast for me). Now you may think they just appear to defend Isair and Madae and theres no way in stoping them from coming, but there is. If you got into the section of the big room to your right you will see the same guy that brought you to Isair and Madae. He is the one summoning everything but he is quit easy to kill. Now there still ae some creatures being summoned by Madae which can eaily be elimanated with Banishment.

2) There is no way of dispelling Isair or Madae's protectoins so dont waste your time. COncentrate all fire power on all the people and things tere to help Isair and Madae, but dont waste magic. With help from the monks they are easy to kill. AFter a while Isairs battle protection will were off and you can attack him with all your power and get him to hurt were he transports into the radiant pool room.

3) Magic is something that won the battle for me. Madae uses alot of mental spells like hopelessnes and domination and spells such as stun and hold. Allways have many dispell magics at your disposal for those types of spell. As for the Dispell Magics on Isair and Madae dont waste them they dont work on there protections. Isairs protections will were off first and this is were mordakeins sword comes in handy. Keep hacking away with that because the sven eyes will block your spells but not the sword. Once they go to the radiant pool room make your whole party invisble except one. They all will attack this one person so you would want to encase them in a resilent sphere. Not knowng that they cant be hurt they will still atack them but can change there minds on who they attack from timme to time so leave everyone out of the room except for your magic user. Now Isairis un protected and very vuneralbe to cold. My freezing sphere alone did 55 damage and COC did 33. This will make it easy to get Isair to badly injured or almost dead which means you have beat the game. (one hint on the resilent sphere is that you cant leave the severed hand and beat the game untill you dispell the sphere and get all your remaining party members to the stairs.) NOT EVERYONE NEDS TO BE ALIVE SO DONT WSTE YOUR TIME!!

[ 03-31-2003, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: Dar'tanian ]
Old 03-31-2003, 02:37 PM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I just use 2 "Antimagic scroll" on them. very easy indeed.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 04:50 PM   #3
Magness
Quintesson

You can take down I&M's protections with a "Protection from Magic" protection scroll (1 per).

However, since there are not many of these scrolls and you don't want to have your casting interrupted, I suggest wiping all of I&M's moster allies before using a PfM scroll.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 01:14 PM   #4
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

This is how I did it. My biggest problem was the hold spells and not enough freedom spells or potions. If I attacked IorM with everyone right away my entire party besides my Monk would get held. So I avoided them until necessary.
1. If you have a Mage to cast level 8 summon creature spell. right next to I&M. If you are lucky you will get 4 or 5 white bears surrounding them.
2. Send every one towards the Mage behind the wall (may get time to cast 1 summon spell). The only thing that will be held are your bears.
3. Take out the doom knight next with everyone as he has some annoying spells (hold). Have your mage cast mass haste on your party.
4. After the Doom Knight have your party members take out all of I&Ms non summoned allies one at a time.
5. After they are toast attack Isair with every thing you have as he seems to be the easiest.

When they retreat cast protection spells, buff spells and go after them. Attack Isair. If your party gets held and are hurt badly retreat back to were you came from to heal and take out the summons that will follow(this is if you wish to guarantee the survival of everyone) Then attack Isair again and he should be finished.

With me I had everyone retreat except my Mage who for some reason could only carry 1 lb. So I had her cast mirrored image and a few summons. She was still holding her own against I&M, werewolf, and Flayer by the time the rest of my party got back and just starting to take damage so I cast turtle shell on her. Them finished of the Flayer than Isair. When it was time to leave she still could only carry 1 lb so I dropped everything and headed for the exit.

Good Ending [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 04-04-2003, 01:17 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 12:19 PM   #5
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

Most likely she could only hold one pound because of a feeble mind or ray of enfeeblement spell cast on her/him.