Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2006, 11:50 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

He's okay, he ate and stuff this morning, but won't tonight--he has a tooth that is infected, so it hurts to eat/drink. I am taking him in to my Vet tomorrow early in the morning.

He has a small swollen 'cyst-like' bubble below the tooth under his jaw (pus, infection). so we'll get him fixed up tomorrow. I hope all goes well. I hate seeing him feel down. Makes we SO worried, even if it is a tooth. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyone here have a pet that had a tooth infected? Did your pet have a little bubble under his jaw? The tooth probably will be pulled, I dunno. Maybe not.

Let me know if you had a pet with something like this [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'll post an update on him when I get back!! All should go ok I pray.

[ 06-10-2006, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 12:31 AM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Best of luck with your cat tomorrow Z
Old 06-10-2006, 01:04 AM   #3
Lauren
Baaz Draconian

Good luck with your cat [img]smile.gif[/img] don't worry I'm sure everything will be alright.
I have a few pets but they haven't had anything like that, one of my dogs had a urinary tract infection and she had to get it opperated on... she is all better now [img]smile.gif[/img]
"So many thoughts running through my head, I know what you feel, I know what you dread; When a room's filled with laughter, when a room's filled with lies, you're the only one I know that's in disguise..."
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 05:42 AM   #4
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

My cat Pixie (may she rest in peace)had most of her teeth infected a couple of years ago, so she couldn't eat at all. We had no idea what was wrong with her for a while, and she had to have all but three of them taken out. She was perfectly fine after that. Ate perfectly with only three canines remaining. We had to give her kitten food, but she prefered it because of eth jelly anyway. And she was older than Choc is (I'm guessing he isn't over 16?), so he'll be fine.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 10:36 AM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I've had cats with tooth problems before. It's so hard to see them not eating and feeling sick, isn't it? I think most of the time the vet either just gave us antibiotics or in a few cases, removed the tooth and gave us antibiotics.

The latter option means anesthetizing the cat and leaving him for a day... I always hate that for any reason, but if it needs doing, it needs doing.

I hope Choc is ok! Do let us know how he's faring later today!
Old 06-10-2006, 10:54 AM   #6
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I may go crazy guys. I mean it. Here is what the vet said:

We thought it would be a abscess, and they shaved the little area under his jaw where the cyst is. They put him under with gas (sleepy so they can do it) and drew some samples with a needle.

He told us that he expected to find pus, and blood, as usual with an abscess, but didn't get any. He says it's one of two things maybe:

1. Sometimes hair follicles can cause an infection or a swelling there, and antibiotics for a week will fix it.

2. (I will seriously lose my mind if this happens) It could be cancer, but he said it's not as likely, and the slides didn't show any cells bad. (microscope). I PRAY TO GOD that its not this. I so hope he is going to be ok. Donna works all day and Choc and I are always together, and I am an animal lover that bonds to the animal..

He said it's not bad news yet, and that if the meds don't make the cyst thing go away in a week, he needs to do a biopsy on it. Also, he hasn't eaten since yesterday morning. (he felt fine up until 3pm yesterday, then just wanted to sleep on the bed).

I just can't imagine him dying. not yet. He is only 12! PLEASE say many prayers for him.

I may be kinda away from the PC / EFU for a bit, I am so very sad, worried and depressed right now. I know I am thinking the worst, I shouldn't. But it seems like everyone I love dies. Dad, Charly (first cat) and mom in 2002.

I just cannot take it. I HOPE all goes well. god I do.

[ 06-10-2006, 10:58 AM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

Old 06-10-2006, 11:22 AM   #7
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

Hope it's just a small infection Z. It'd be pretty sad if your beloved pet and forum mascot died. Good luck with Choc.
armageddon272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 11:29 AM   #8
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Thanks man. If something did happen, he will live as a legend forever on the internet. But he has to live atleast till 33. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I too hope for the best. I just worry. And shouldn't expect/dwell on what could happen. I just feel numb right now, like dead. just worried. He's my Choc of Trollslaying +22!

Old 06-10-2006, 11:41 AM   #9
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

He's too mean to get cancer, dude. Best wishes, Kitty says get well Choc, he still has many things to teach...
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 11:54 AM   #10
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Hey man, it's almost impossible to supress the feelings you would have now, so just try and let them out
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote