Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 07-05-2001, 01:25 PM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

OK. I am so tired of MSN crashing or dropping my contacts!

In the past few days it has done both repeatedly! In the very wee hours of the morning today, several of you (especially Moiraine!) spent a good deal of time helping me restore my lost contacts to my MSN messenger list.

This was the 2nd full restoration I'd done and third time I'd tried adding anyone back since the first crash. So this afternoon I sign on and guess what? ALL my contacts are gone again!!!! And NOW it won't let me change my name, either! GRRRRR!!!!!

I'm begging your indulgence once again. If you had/have me on your list, please try to add me again or contact me to check (or let me know here that I do, in fact exist...sigh.. on your current list!) Please know that if you aren't on my list now it's a: oversight, b: an msn conspiracy to keep us apart, c: I've trashed msn in a fit of pure frustration!

OH and if you are experiencing similar difficulties and irritation (or worse!) feel free to grouse here!

Sigh...sympathy graciously accepted. ( LOL ) Sigh..... off to go see who I might still be missing...sniffle

Cloudy, wif sore typing fingers

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 07-05-2001).]
Old 07-05-2001, 01:32 PM   #2
Waluin

it's a pity you all use MSN messenger. I use AIM and it has served me rather faithfully for about 2 years going. I know I know, its AOL, but it works really nicely for me.

Regardless, perhaps I'll install MSN Messenger when I get home rom work. Cloud, perhaps you could assist me in adding contacts? Heh. You should know some of them by now by having to fix it

Anyone else who feels up to the challenge of assisting a relatively new forum/Stealth Site peep in need, speak up
Old 07-05-2001, 01:34 PM   #3
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

Cloudy, take some nice deep breaths and count to ten. I always have problems with MSN. Every time I try to sign on, it goes on forever and then says the server is busy or some such reason for not being able to connect. So don't feel bad, you're not the only one.

------------------

Old 07-05-2001, 01:35 PM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Personally, I have HAD it with MSN Messenger! I think I'm going to uninstall this piece of cr** and run with ICQ again.

Old 07-05-2001, 01:36 PM   #5
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

Actually you're right Waluin, I also have AOL Instant Messenger and have never had a problem with it. You don't have to have AOL to use it either. I absolutely hate AOL, but I have to say their messenger is pretty reliable.

------------------

Old 07-05-2001, 01:37 PM   #6
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

I've tried logging in for the past 10 days and nothing has worked either, so I gave up.

Nothing about losing my contacts though. so I can't do much there Cloudy. Me think I need to snoop around a bit on the Microsoft website - hopefully they'll have a patch or something.

PS: Also depends on your version. So far I think I'm using "3.6.0026" if that means anything to you.

------------------
Old 07-05-2001, 01:43 PM   #7
Waluin

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Avalon:
Actually you're right Waluin, I also have AOL Instant Messenger and have never had a problem with it. You don't have to have AOL to use it either. I absolutely hate AOL, but I have to say their messenger is pretty reliable.
Good to hear someone else agrees. It's a pretty stable program. I'm not an AOL subscriber, so I'm happy its freeware.

Sorry to hear about your problem CB! You're always welcome to chat wiff me on AOL IM when I'm at home.

Oh, and I'll try and install MSN Messenger when I get home. I'd love to chat with you all in real time.

[This message has been edited by Waluin (edited 07-05-2001).]
Old 07-05-2001, 01:45 PM   #8
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks for the sympathetic support everyone! %@%$%^ MSN.....ahem.. well

I added icq and yahoo messenger as backups.May seek out AIM... sigh, how many IM programs do I need? LOL

Saz- I like MSN when it works and it HAS worked ok for several weeks...sigh.. sounds like they had a major server problem or something... Or maybe Ironworks' massive chattering took them down? LOL Sazzie, email me. We'll work out an alternative for game planning...if I can't sweet-talk you into keeping msn at all.

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 07-05-2001, 01:48 PM   #9
turbovee
Elminster

Its official - MSN SUCKS! I haven't used AIM, but I have it loaded on my computer so I may have to make the switch.

------------------

The sexiest elf mage in the land
I feel the need, the need for SPEED!
Peace and Hair grease.
'Deagurth' Artist: Roberto Raba
Old 07-05-2001, 01:52 PM   #10
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Thanks for the sympathetic support everyone! %@%$%^ MSN.....ahem.. well

I added icq and yahoo messenger as backups.May seek out AIM... sigh, how many IM programs do I need? LOL

Saz- I like MSN when it works and it HAS worked ok for several weeks...sigh.. sounds like they had a major server problem or something... Or maybe Ironworks' massive chattering took them down? LOL Sazzie, email me. We'll work out an alternative for game planning...if I can't sweet-talk you into keeping msn at all.

Cloudy

I'm not keeping it. I'm going with ICQ...will add you as a contact there.