Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 03-26-2002, 10:47 AM   #1
swavek
The Magister

just out of curiousity, how long (how many levels) would it take for a bishop to recieve all the spells if he never bought any books?
Old 03-26-2002, 11:55 AM   #2
MagiK

Too long [img]smile.gif[/img] Bishops were my choice, I used two of them but it is hard to get them all set with the right spells. It took much trial and error.
Old 03-26-2002, 02:03 PM   #3
NCSUWufPak
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I wonder if it is possible to have an "archbishop"... a Bishop who knows ALL the magic in the game. I'm working on that now...that would be a COOL magic user! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2002, 07:58 PM   #4
ice3
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by NCSUWufPak:
I wonder if it is possible to have an "archbishop"... a Bishop who knows ALL the magic in the game. I'm working on that now...that would be a COOL magic user! [img]smile.gif[/img]
I have 2 bishops in my team right know. I develop them at the asme speed they level in all the 4 schools and the 6 realms! It's a hard job but they become so deadly that the rest of the team is just there for figuration, even if I have the best stuff (light sword, CoC, etc...) for my tank rank.

At level 15 my bishops don't pick spells much I have 6 and 7 picks untaken from leveling. Most spells I have comes from buying. I save picks to get the level 7 ( cannot buy them) and 6 (few to be bought). Also there are some spells that arn't usefull. Like resurection is a high level sepll but you can get loads of powders since the start of the game.

Onther point, I found out that Feari Bishops aren't the best class (+2 AC and mana regeneration arn't that good at all, just until Arnika), I wound stick with Elfs next time. They can wear a lot more armor and weapons. My actual Elf Bishop has an average of 31 in AC!!!! Much better then my Samurai, Monk and Ninja!
Old 03-26-2002, 08:39 PM   #5
vesselle
Hathor

~~ice3~~

i haveta agree with you! i have 2 bishops, also, and they are powerful. i split the realms between the two, which worked well for the first 9 or 10 levels, but with all the money i have from using their dual alchemy skills, i can afford to buy every spell book i find and give them cross-over realms.

sometimes a girl just hasta toss out dual "ego whips"! and for healing, one does "rest all" while they other does "heal all" and keeps the party in tiptop, perfect health.

V***V
Old 03-26-2002, 08:45 PM   #6
Wolfie
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by swavek:
just out of curiousity, how long (how many levels) would it take for a bishop to recieve all the spells if he never bought any books?
Technically speaking, if you never bought/used a spellbook to learn spells, you couldn't learn all the spells.

There are 101 spells, and characters can only level up to Level 50, so that's 50 spell picks, (can't remember if you get spell picks when creating characters, but it would only be something 2 or 3 spell picks).

I'm playing my second party through Wiz8, and this time I'm aiming to have my Bishop learn every spell, but even that is proving difficult at the moment. Need to get her alchemy skill up so I can merge larger revenue generating potions, then it will be lots of sleeping for 24 hours to regenerate the offered spellbooks for sale.

Short of cheating with an editor, this would be the only way to build an "arch-bishop" that knows all 101 spells.

[img]smile.gif[/img]

PS: vesselle, nice portrait! I think I'm in love

[ 03-26-2002, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: Wolfie ]
Visit [url]\"http://www.foerster.cc/wolfie\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.foerster.cc/wolfie</a> or [url]\"http://wiz8.web1000.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://wiz8.web1000.com</a> (US) for a spreadsheet that allows you to enter in your spellcaster\'s stats, and it will tell you what spells the character can learn, or for spells that they are not yet able to learn, it will tell you how many points they need, or why your character can\'t learn the spell.
Wolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 01:19 AM   #7
ice3
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by vesselle:
~~ice3~~

i haveta agree with you! i have 2 bishops, also, and they are powerful. i split the realms between the two, which worked well for the first 9 or 10 levels, but with all the money i have from using their dual alchemy skills, i can afford to buy every spell book i find and give them cross-over realms.

sometimes a girl just hasta toss out dual "ego whips"! and for healing, one does "rest all" while they other does "heal all" and keeps the party in tiptop, perfect health.

V***V
I wanted to do the same but:
1) You can find most books in 2 or more toms
2) Don't pick spells that will come for sur in books (except in the very begining)
3) I took town portal as a pick and not as a book. Set portal is easy to find but find 2 or more return portals is hard.
4) Always train all the schools.

Psionic is a peace of cake to bring to +60 with mindread, you just need 30 to get it.

Charm is a Priest and Psionic booster that bring you to insane high level quite early in the game.

Always cast all the buffing spells at max power. I often go up in 2 or 3 realms each serie cast.

Alchemy is easy to raise with mixing.

Wizardry must be focused on in combat. Nearly the nly way to push it high.

NEVER invest a deve point into a realm. The realms goes up very fast by casting.

At level 15 my bishops now spend there dev point in weapons, armor and +100 skills (except powercast, it's at +75 in less then 2 levels [img]smile.gif[/img] ) At level 18 they will probably have maxed 2 or 3 realms and eventually a school. So I can direclty start casting spells at full power!

Other tip: Mana stones: This is to insane! I have 7 of them + tons of magic nectar that alows me to cast all the spells all the time at full power. That's why I have my realms maxed so fast.

Use only 2 times the mana stone, sell buy back. Infinit mana. Better then resting because you loose the buffing when sleeping amnd lose ~400 mana point to cast the buffing spells (1 mana stone or 2 potions).
Old 03-27-2002, 11:34 AM   #8
Rhea
Drow Warrior

Why would anyone want all the spells? [img]tongue.gif[/img] After playing through a number of times, there are specific spells that interest me and some I never use. I take a few low level spells that offer some defensive capabilities or give me a chance to practice in a specific school (like Light). Other than those few, I pick specific spells as I go along and often save up picks for later.

As for the Faerie Bishop, while it's true that he can't wear a lot of armor or use a lot of weapons, the little sucker's got a lot of bounce! [img]tongue.gif[/img] I can cast Shadow Hound, rest everybody for a very short time, and he's back to his full spell points. I've played with an Elf, but got really impatient when I had to keep resting for longer periods of time. So it's probably a tradeoff.
Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 08:30 PM   #9
Wolfie
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Rhea:
Why would anyone want all the spells?
"Caz' it's there to be done"

[img]tongue.gif[/img]
Visit [url]\"http://www.foerster.cc/wolfie\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.foerster.cc/wolfie</a> or [url]\"http://wiz8.web1000.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://wiz8.web1000.com</a> (US) for a spreadsheet that allows you to enter in your spellcaster\'s stats, and it will tell you what spells the character can learn, or for spells that they are not yet able to learn, it will tell you how many points they need, or why your character can\'t learn the spell.
Wolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 11:12 PM   #10
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

Even at level 25 my bishop had many spells to choose from. I bought everything I didn't find or pick on leveling. She worked on all 4 schools. I didn't mix potions or do much mindreading, probably why I finished the game with about 3 spellbooks she hadn't been able to learn yet (and 15 spells she was able to learn but couldn't find them).