Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 12:55 AM   #251
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Sever

Sever gave only a few seconds thought to the situation before deciding that the door warranted further exploration. It was pointless notifying the others at this stage - better to see if it led anywhere first.

Safe in the assumption that he was hidden from view, he focused his full attention on locating potential traps whilst removing the dirt and debris from the door with as little noise as possible. Once finished, he slowly tested the handle mechanism to see if it was locked.

[ 04-05-2006, 12:56 AM: Message edited by: Sever ]
Old 04-06-2006, 05:01 PM   #252
Andurel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Andurel walks from his old friend and new acquaintance. He has work to do.

As he exits the Inn he sees someone lying with back against a tree and another person looking at some type of doorway. But the one lying against the tree seemed to be hurt in some fashion.

Andurel all of a sudden felt a strong need to go over to the one against the tree. A sign from Mystra. He knew this is where his path would lead him.

Quickly he walks over to the one lying against the tree. "Hello, my name is Andurel. May I assist you?"
Old 04-06-2006, 11:33 PM   #253
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion

Pandaros

Pandaros kept scanning the locale of the inn as Sever disappeared behind it.

"I don't like this one bit," he muttered.

It was then that he noticed a man walking towards him. Pandaros looked at the stranger approach with a mix of apprehension and curiosity. He idly fitted an arrow to this bow but did not draw it back. His eyes lingered on the mace at the newcomer's belt but decided there was no immediate threat when he saw the holy symbol.

"With my luck I'm about to be turned into a ghoul," Pandaros muttered to himself.

After Andurel introduced himself Pandaros reassessed the situation. The scout slowly lifted himself from his spot leaning against the tree. He held the bow in one hand while he pointed at the bandage on his side with the other.

"I was wounded earlier today. I don't suppose you're one of those healers that asks only for thanks and good wishes in return for aid? I could really use one of those types right about now."

Old 04-08-2006, 07:49 AM   #254
Sever

Sever

With little effort, Sever was able to lift the trap door open slightly. Satisfied that it had no traps, he quietly opened it just enough to lower himself into what appeared to be a small tunnel heading underneith the inn. It seemed likely that the fugitives had indeed used this tunnel recently and had not yet had the opportunity to leave the town. Oley must have been correct in his divination.

Slowly and cautiously, Sever crawled the length of the short tunnel keeping a watchful eye on the floor and walls. At the tunnel's end, a wooden cover blocked the exit. It appeared to have no hinges and was likely just resting in it's place. Neither did it appear to be trapped. Even with Sever's thief skills, he doubted he would be able to open it without alerting anyone who happened to be on the other side. He summised that the tunnel was an escape route from the basement of the inn. In the city, a lot of buildings had such tunnels and were frequently used by those wishing a speedy, discreet exit from a potentially bad situation. What use the innkeeper had for one, Sever didn't know.

Sever pressed his ear close to the cover and listened for several minutes to determine if there was anybody on the other side.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:56 AM   #255
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

Harrison

It was all blurry, opening his eyes didn't make any difference. His brain felt as if it had been taken out of his head, boiled, and then put back in.
He tried to focus his vision and determine where he were.
'Probarbly an inn somwhere', he thought as he sat up and looked around the sparsely furnished room and felt the shabby bedsheets clinging to his sweaty back.
Heart pounding, he lay back down and tried to remember as much as he could from the last few days but it was no use, it was all a mess of sensations experienced in a half-awoken state. They didn't make any sense.
He turned on his side and saw that he'd thrown up over most of the left side of the bed.
That'd explain the rumbling stomach.
He lay back down again, figuring that getting up and especially walking around, would require some more rest.
He had got to remember the name of that guy he had bought those herbs from in the last town he had passed, that was some strong stuff.
Another loud rumble from his stomach convinced him that it probarbly was time to get some food and maybe try to find out which crappy town he'd stumbled upon this time.
As he sat up and swung his legs over the right side of the bed he noticed his bag was missing.
'Damn, the maid must've took it. Probarbly figured me for dead'.
He looked around and realized that all that was left was his leather trousers, grey shirt and boots. He reached for the latter and felt around under the sole of one of them.
'Good', he thought, his money was still there. He tried to count them but couldn't keep the numbers in his head. He estimated their value to be enough to get him trough two or three days at least.
He stood up, forehead bumping, and picked up his clothes. The smell that surrounded them announced to the world that the wearer of these clothes was a man that considered a change of clothes an unecessary expense compared to say, a bottle of moonshine. It was probarbly that very smell that had discouraged the thief from taking them as well.
Or maybe he hadn't been robbed. Maybe he hadn't even brought his bag to this town. He couldn't remember. Oh well, if there was any possibility of compensation from the innkeeper, he would go with the thieving-maid story.
He put on his clothes and stretched his arms, feeling the mist clear somewhat in his head.
He went out of his room and decided to look for the innkeeper and inquire about the possibility of a warm meal and a drink. Make that two.

OOC: Is the color okay?

EDIT: Spelling.

[ 04-09-2006, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: Sir ReGiN ]
Old 04-08-2006, 10:04 PM   #256
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Tanor: Is that contact of yours gonna just let us sit here and rot? What the hell's taking him so blamed long?

Sergio: He'll come through...he's not one for saying no to a fair bit of coin, and we all know how much you're worth to your hooligan friends. I've never seen anyone so eager...what's your story anyway? Who the hell are you?

Tanor: Keep asking questions, and I'll be the only one going through that portal when it opens.

Sergio: Fair enough, but no need to be so rude.

Tanor: Just shut your pansy-ass mouth and watch for signs of that portal.

Sergio: Well speak of the devil! Look there! See that small black dot on the wall? That's it! As soon as its big enough to fit through, and turns purple, we're on our way.

Tanor: What? Why the hell does it have to be purple? And why is it having to grow? Arn't teleport spells supposed to be big when they are first made?

Sergio: You play too many video games, man. Teleports don't work like that in real life. They have to be built inch by inch, and it takes a huge amount of time and energy. The guy that is doing this is far beyond your average NPC villain's level of experience. And it takes him this long because it does.

Tanor: Wow...look who's getting edgy now! So...how long?

Sergio: Could be about another half hour. Maybe less.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:49 PM   #257
Andurel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Kazilan:

Pandaros

Pandaros kept scanning the locale of the inn as Sever disappeared behind it.

"I don't like this one bit," he muttered.

It was then that he noticed a man walking towards him. Pandaros looked at the stranger approach with a mix of apprehension and curiosity. He idly fitted an arrow to this bow but did not draw it back. His eyes lingered on the mace at the newcomer's belt but decided there was no immediate threat when he saw the holy symbol.

"With my luck I'm about to be turned into a ghoul," Pandaros muttered to himself.

After Andurel introduced himself Pandaros reassessed the situation. The scout slowly lifted himself from his spot leaning against the tree. He held the bow in one hand while he pointed at the bandage on his side with the other.

"I was wounded earlier today. I don't suppose you're one of those healers that asks only for thanks and good wishes in return for aid? I could really use one of those types right about now."

Andurel looks the man in the eye and then a smile widens on his face. A bright and wide smile. One of understanding. The smile reached his eyes and filled their orbs with amusement.

It had been a long time since he had been greeted with skepticism about his calling. It brought up memories of his early days when money was a drive behind his faith. Where money was a drive for almost everything in his life.

Gold had been his God even though he followed Mystra. But that was when he was young and brash; as brash as an elf could be anyway.

But a hard lesson had hit him on a fateful day some 40 years ago. A day of harsh lessons learned and scars to prove them as lessons. More than likely lessons from Mystra herself. But since that time his only faith, his only Goddess had been Mystra.

He rubbed his left hand where the scar still stood as a white welt and rememberance of his faith.

"Actually, now that you mention it, you are in luck. I am one of those types. Now let me look at that wound and I shall see what I can do."

OOC: if Pandaros allows Andurel to look at it he will examine it and then he will cast Cure Serious Wounds on him. Now how do I roll the dice here?

[ 04-09-2006, 06:23 PM: Message edited by: Andurel ]
Old 04-09-2006, 08:34 PM   #258
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion

Pandaros

Pandaros hesitated for a moment while he looked over the priest. The smiling priest.

"Any priest who smiles like that at a total stranger can't be a threat," Pandaros thought to himself. "Then again, it's always the loony ones that smile the most. Still, he hasn't asked me to join a cult or even listen to a speech, so what have I got to lose?"

Pandaros returned Andurel's smile and slowly peeled away his bandages.

"Here is the wound, good sir priest. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated."

Old 04-12-2006, 01:01 AM   #259
Sever

Sever

As quickly and quietly as he could, Sever made his way back to the surface and replaced the trap door (though not bothering to disguise it). He didn't quite understand all of what he'd heard, but enough of it clicked for him to know that time was of the essence. Half an hour. Maybe less.

Sever located Karl, Sam and the other guard and, after making sure they were out of view of the innkeeper's window, briefly explained the situation.

"There's only two of them, they're edgy, and in about half an hour they'll be beyond your reach. They're waiting for a portal to get out of the town.

The basement they're in has a secret exit which is what i used to get close. If you want them alive for whatever reason, it may be possible to lure them into the tunnel with lots of shouting and heavy boots thudding down stairs, and then block off the exit or have someone standing over it. By the sounds of it, they'll jump right into the trap.

Or if you want to save the trouble of another trial, you could sneak down both ways and jump 'em on all sides."

Sever smiled. He liked the level of attention he was recieving from those who he should be trying to outwit.

Patience man! Eyes on the prize.

Sever let the guards discuss the options for a minute and while they did, he looked across at the gardens and saw a priestly looking man talking to Pandaros. He needed to talk with the scout about putting his bow to good use at the back of the inn. He waived in his direction and then turned back to the guards to await their response.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:08 AM   #260
Andurel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Kazilan:

Pandaros

Pandaros hesitated for a moment while he looked over the priest. The smiling priest.

"Any priest who smiles like that at a total stranger can't be a threat," Pandaros thought to himself. "Then again, it's always the loony ones that smile the most. Still, he hasn't asked me to join a cult or even listen to a speech, so what have I got to lose?"

Pandaros returned Andurel's smile and slowly peeled away his bandages.

"Here is the wound, good sir priest. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated."

Andurel takes a look at the injured side. Not a new wound he notices but not awound that was too old either.

"Not to worry friend Pandaros, I can heal this wound quickly and cleanly." Andurel says in a light and airy tone still looking at the wound. Andurel holds his right hand over the wound

"Merol cos Mystra. Cos binat met daner corat. O vener Mystra. O vener Mystra." In the blink of an eye the wound closes cleanly. Pandaros feels a light, tingling sensation run through his side and then a warmth. "See, not too bad huh?" Andurel winks and smiles at Pandaros.

"So, what is your duty out here by this tree? What is your profession?" Andurel raises an eyebrow.

[ 04-19-2006, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: Andurel ]
Closed Thread