Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2004, 10:58 AM   #31
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Can we keep this thread reasonably spam free? [img]smile.gif[/img] Would like to see others post if they are interested in a rp team and sometimes people lose track of the topic of the thread if it is too chatty/spammy. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Discussion of our basic 'guidelines' would be good too. I'll try and put some time into thinking about this after the major holiday rush is over!
Old 12-09-2004, 11:39 AM   #32
Valadius
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I would like to lay claim to the wiz/sorc slot if no one else has it.
Old 12-09-2004, 01:27 PM   #33
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

One of the things about a rp only group is that we do NOT have to the common 'balance your party to win win win!" thing. Which means we can have 6 wizards (LOL, they may all die alot... but hey..we can!) or any other combination and like I said earlier, we can rp classes we might not do in 'solo' form like a pure rogue or such. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2004, 03:21 PM   #34
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

I want to be a Cleric for a change!

Give me something different to do than being a frontline fighter or a backline spell chucker.

EDIT: for this RP only game can I have my battlecry as " I ATTACK THE DARKNESS!"

Thankyou 8 bit theatre!

[ 12-09-2004, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: T-D-C ]
Old 12-10-2004, 02:07 PM   #35
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

I can also be a sorc.

I am roleplaying a female? Magic users for me are default female... dunno why. [img]smile.gif[/img]

So if I am to really roleplay I'd be male, and I'd be a fighter... Paladin most probably... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 04:05 PM   #36
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Not sure what I'd play, but I'll definitely be involved. I'm thinking that I might be able to get away with a straight Halfling Rogue, as that's usually the class I prefer...that or maybe a druid/wizard. It's a class I'd like to play, but I dont think it would do well outside of a group.

I'm with everyone on the 'starting a new character', and 'no trading equipment with higher level characters' ideas. Trading money/equipment is always a good idea within the group.

AFA treasure, I've always been of the 'share and share alike' school of thought. If you find something nifty, and you cant use it, share. If noone can use it, doesn't want it, sell it and divvy up the gold. That generally works out well in a Good and/or Lawfully inclined party. If we're going to be playing Evil and/or Chaotic characters, that's a different story. I think we should decide, as a group, what the *general* tendency of the party is going to be, as some severe RPing difficulties can arise if the players insist on playing things that are diametrically opposed to one another(Paladins and Blackguards spring to mind).

For something like this, I think we should play a generally 'Good oriented' party. We should probably leave out any Evil alignments(unless there is a *really* compelling RP reason(and a good history)). Not saying everyone has to be and play LG, but we should generally be Neutral/Good in outlook. Makes it easier to understand why we are all down in the Mountain together.

[ 12-13-2004, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: Nachtrafe ]

"May the wings of liberty never lose a feather!"
Nachtrafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 06:29 PM   #37
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I kind of like the randomly met scenario, and while I agree that we should try and at least keep the diametrically opposed classes out, I'm not so sure about alignments. Good and Evil can work together towards a common goal, even if it's for different reasons. Keeping this in mind, I'm thinking of working up an arcane archer, in one form or another. Perhaps Bard/AA. They seem to make a potent combo.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 07:46 PM   #38
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

I really don't think that Blackguards are going to be working nicely with Paladins.

It was quite funny the other day Roddybug and I were in undermountain. him with a LG Cleric.. Me with a CE Weimic Barbarian. It wasn't until I really started roleplaying him by acting crazy and killing everything in site (especially drow and lizard men) that we realised how oposite our alignments were. It was funny when I started questioning him about my brother Ta'Rant whom I want to Surprise (i.e hunt and KILL!)
Old 12-15-2004, 07:46 PM   #39
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I've had a ranger/aa I like a lot,RTB. Of course I always liked bards before NWN too, so I'll bet it's a good combo!
Old 12-15-2004, 11:57 PM   #40
roddybug
Manshoon

Heh heh T-D-C, I remember it well! (nifty longswords by the way). It's the first time that I've been stood up by a weimic, I waited at that shop for two hours. If I'd really cared I'd still be there.

As to the alignment thing I know that I mentioned it earlier in regard to this and other situations (someone (not me or TDC on this occassion)) wanted more evil options in dialogues - that would change the alignment on unsuspecting party members on different levels though).

There seem to be a lot of people interested in this RP bash so it could be good team verses bad team, the Harper in me tells me that while the good team is splitting up the loot fairly the evil team are slaughtering each other for the loot. Not really a serious suggestion but entertaining to think about! I'm sure that timezones will weed out some people - the spirits willing but the flesh is undecided...
roddybug is offline   Reply With Quote