Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2002, 01:09 AM   #1
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

im about to go to chapter two. i have only hired tomy so far and did his quest. i was thinking of getting the other henchmen for thier quest also but if i go to chapter two, will i be able to hire them ? (i havent hired them yet in the first place.)

and ive noticed that tomy uses potions when he is about to die, i mean does he have unlimited supply of potions? [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 07-05-2002, 01:11 AM: Message edited by: Harkoliar ]

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 01:22 AM   #2
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

their available in chapter two,Tomi doesn't have potions he casts spells.So be sure to rest once and awhile so he can memorize them again,,
Old 07-05-2002, 02:04 AM   #3
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

so i could recruit the fighter and wizard in chap 2? cool [img]smile.gif[/img]

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 02:16 AM   #4
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Yes, when u start in chapter 2, ur in a place with all the henchman and Aribeth. I would suggest Sharwyn as ur next henchman, her story is very interesting and her bard song and spells help a ton. Remember u can only have 1 henchman at a time
Old 07-05-2002, 03:10 AM   #5
nameless crazy
Dungeon Master

john: I don't think Tomi can cast spell, he is a rogue. Remember that your henchmen have their own equipment. In my case, I have seen my henchman use potion (from the textbox) and wear different armor.
nameless crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 04:21 AM   #6
GodSlayer
Dungeon Master

your henchmen becomes more and more powerful as you level up. This also means their equipment get better and better.

As to using potions - I haven't seen the henchmen using potions other than those I give them.

To Harkoliar : remenber to finish all Henchmen quests before going to chap2 as they give you another quest in c2 IF you have done their c1 quest. Remember that you can hire them in c1 talk. talk. talk.

I found out that even if they say "that they will talk to you later when you have gained more levels" you can just end dialog and if you are high enough level they will continue they story. Do this until they give you the quest and solve it.

I did this in the end if c1 - before going to helms hold (I only had Linu with me the whole chapter) and I had already found all the items, so the second they gave me the quest I could choose "is this the items..."

As to c2 I am now level 10 and I just hired them for 10 sec. got their quests, dropped them again. I am now searching for the items. And when I find any of the items I "stone" back hire the right henchm. deliver it. drops him again. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Nb! im a wiz and I have the big fighter with me (can't remember his name)
GodSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 04:24 AM   #7
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

if you dont finish a henchman quest you wont be able to continue that particular henchmans quest on into the next chapter.
theifprowess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 07:09 AM   #8
Deathcow
Elminster

this post has been answered already...im just confirming that henchmen DO use potions, all of them can.

...but i think the cleric would prefer to cast spells [img]smile.gif[/img]
Deathcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 10:12 AM   #9
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I knew u could give ur henchman potions but i couldnt figure out how. Ive tried dragging the potions onto their portraits but it doesnt work [img]tongue.gif[/img] . But they always seem to heal when they r about 2 die anyway
Old 07-05-2002, 10:15 AM   #10
Zidane
Manshoon

I just drag a potion across to Tomi when he has run out of his potions

I can also drag potions and other stuff onto my summoned Dire Wolf or my Familiar companion panther

I have had no problem dragging my potions or barkskin on them

Also if you want to put a healing spell just target them, they will take it

Lady Zidane