Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2005, 08:24 AM   #1
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

in other words he wasn't listening to me. normally he listens very well, but i keep telling him that my children don't engage (drop into my pelvis for birth) until i am in labor. so what does he decide to do while he's not listening? make and attempt to soften my cervix then send me home.

what is worse is the nurse at the hospital didn't listen either. i've had a 5hour labor before and here she was trying to tell me i had to be having contractions 3-5 mi apart for 3 hours before comeing back in. if i wait that long nathan will be delivering her in our bed at home. we'd still prolly have 1 1/2 hours to wait to call the dr.

so yes, i'm still pregnant. and miserable. but she is head down now!

one question tho...would buying my dr a hearing aid be an insult?
Old 04-30-2005, 09:19 AM   #2
Q'alooaith
Emerald Dragon

Possibly.

Maybe waiting untill your sure you won't have to spend any time under his care before sending it would be a better idea.

Another idea would be to just ignore their advice and do what you know is right if your sure of yourself. I'd not be one to go aganst medical professionals unless I was damn sure though.

Wishing a trouble free deliverly in a timely and relativly painless manner..

Or whatever you say to people in your situation, just put whatever nicesty will make you feel better here..
Old 04-30-2005, 11:01 AM   #3
Jorath Calar
Harper

...Trow in a few q-tips as well.

I hate when doctors do that. I once burned the top of my foot. Had a 2 degree burn (hole in a boot and I was "boiling a greenhouse" (don't have time to explain). My foot was in severly burned and about a week later I went to a check up, the doctor takes the bandage of, I hadn't had much discomfort in it until then, but the idiot proceeds to remove the burned skin, leaving only an gaping wound... basicly just meat... [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img] I ask and tell him I wonder if it's a good idea, doesn't the skin stave of infections, he doesn't listen just continues, then when he is putting the bandages back on he first puts on some sort of a film over the wound... two days later I can't even step down on the foot, the burn is infected and it even hurts now to think about it... of course it was over christmas and reaching a doctor was next to impossible... when I go to a doctor a diffrent one he says the other doctor shouldn't have taken the skin off... just like I told him!!

So I wholly support your Hearing aid plan...

Good luck otherwise with the labour, hope everything goes well

[ 04-30-2005, 11:02 AM: Message edited by: Jorath Calar ]
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 12:21 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Was this the same doctor as from previous deliveries? If so, then shame on him for forgetting.

If not, you are perfectly within your rights to tell him to stop, shut up, and listen. He may know about delivering babies, but you know more about delivering babies out of your body. If he won't listen, tell him you want someone who does.

Same thing with the nurse.

'Course, you may be a bit more tactful and say something like "the last three times I gave birth, the children didn't engage until I was in labor. Why do you think this time will be different than the last three?" and make sure he explains it in ways that make sense to you.

I have the utmost respect for doctors (and other professionals) who listen and explain things like that. I have the utmost disregard for those who ignore their customer's input and feedback. That's part of the reason why I'm looking for another doctor soon.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 06:37 PM   #5
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Q'alooaith:

Another idea would be to just ignore their advice and do what you know is right if your sure of yourself. I'd not be one to go aganst medical professionals unless I was damn sure though.

unfortunately there is no sure fire way to start labor that progresses. even an induction with pitocin can fail, but the "at home" labor induction methods can have serious side effects i'm not willing to risk. my best bet is waiting for my appt on tuesday and telling him flat out i want to try an induction, that the gel gave me contrax for a few hours and i really think we could get the job done with pitocin.
Old 04-30-2005, 07:20 PM   #6
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
It will be an insult, but it would cost ya. A good clean kick in the nuts doesn't cost anything, and the message will be just as clear.
Old 05-01-2005, 06:29 AM   #7
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

i realise the effectiveness of kicking him in the crotch, johnny, but that is assault, and i'd end up being arrested instead of induced. luckily insults are not an illegal offense. and not too costly, my g-ma doesn't use her hearing aids anymore, i could just swipe one lol
Old 05-01-2005, 11:37 AM   #8
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

well, all I can say to this is look at my medical probems, this comes from a doctor not listening to me. calebs birth was a result of that doctors stupidity. do what you feel is right, even if it is requesting a different doctor, of course this late in the game, it is kinda hard to do :/
Old 05-01-2005, 09:56 PM   #9
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

IMHO, it's not too late unless there's a baby emerging at this particular moment in time....

I don't suffer fools well. At all. My wife sometimes thinks I'm rude because of it. Could be, but it's my money, body, or life on the line. I'll take a bit of rudeness with it to make sure what's going to happen is the right thing.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote