Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 12-06-2006, 05:52 AM   #11
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
Suprisingly, Blizzard downloader download the patch fast for me without any problem. Now how did that happened?

Currently I'm having a headache. Which spec to choose for my rogue. Also I'm still deciding whether to continue on getting my dungeon sets or start pvping like crazy for the pvp items.
LOL! Same! The Blizzard downloader was awesome last night, and I also had the same trouble with my rogue ><

But I decided to go heavily into Combat and I am loving it!
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 06:38 AM   #12
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

Played around with some different builds on my priest and my mage last night. The water elemental is orgasmic and Dragon's Breath is alright. The other new fire talents are pretty sweet though, way to much dps in that tree. Blazing speed is annoying to rogues and warriors when it procs. I think I'll stick with putting at least 41 points into frost though since that's what my gear is designed for and I can't ive up all the control it gives, especially with a pet with a ranged frost nova (patch notes said it would be called Freeze, but it's not).

Havn't had much chance to do any serious pvp yet with my shadow priest but vampiric touch seems pretty nice so far on paper anyway, not to mention Focused mind and Misery are just great. Not sure yet if I want to keep VT or leave it so I can have Inner Focus.
armageddon272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 08:32 AM   #13
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

Cloak of Shadows is definately the best talent out, and will be cried out for nerfs by locks and mages But i prefer my ambush and backstab crits too much. Sword rogues are just too lazy with their stunlocks.. Cheapshot sinister kidney shot blah blah blah.... Daggers (otherwise known as skill) ftw.

(Main)Undead Mage - 70, Orc Warrior - 70, Blood Elf Paladin - 70, Orc Shaman - 70, Troll Rogue - 70,
Orc Hunter - 65, UD Warlock 61, BE Priest 60, Tauren Drood - 60
OM NOM NOM NOM
burnzey boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:24 AM   #14
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Combat build seems nice but I wanted to go mutilate 46/0/5 for pvp ( those pvp gears look awesome and seems to be easy to get now ). Too bad I only have one lousy MH dagger (only does 300++ backstab damage on a lv58 elite skeleton in strat ud >< ). AH has suprisingly no daggers for sale at the moment. So either I spec to combat or stop playing for a while until someone puts up a dagger for sale in AH.

Also, I feel very uncomfortable not having extra bars. Scrolling the arrow button up and down to search for your skill is so annoying.

[ 12-06-2006, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: Kakero ]
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 05:41 PM   #15
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
SM, you came back! You were secretly playing all along weren't you?
Nah, I gave up on that game awhile ago. My father however, still remains obsessed. So does my sister. But both of them lack decent technical skills and common sense so I did the download for them. Mainly because I wanted to use the internet and the download hogs all the resources with dialup so I just said I'd take of the patch.

Although some of the new features look enticing. Maybe I'll give it a test spin, maybe not.

Oh and for those who care, I got the patch to work.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 06:57 PM   #16
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Hunters are now kinda godly, with traps in combat and pets having a % of stats. My pet's armor is amazing.

The Blizz background downloader got like 98% of the patch over the last 2 weeks, so it actually wasn't downloding when you saw it fly through the meter, it was just applying it. Then the last %2 just goes really quickly. They need to do that from now on, release all but a percent of the patch with the background DL so on the day there are fewer issues and fewer waiting times.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:50 PM   #17
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

What's up with the honor thingie? So I've decided to go pvp with the old 31/8/12 rogue build. I have 200 kills and ~1048 honor today. And yet I can't even buy a simple combat healing potion at the champion hall. What's going on?
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 09:43 PM   #18
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

My guild. myself and heaps of other randoms decided that we would raid SW and IF. We had at least 104 participating and HK's/DK's were flying all over the place. That there was the best day I had ever played WoW, it kicked arse! Some of us got 823 HK's, and averagely a total of 300 DK's. Though the DK's didn't really matter too much, because of the honour system. All in all, you should try it out, and no it won't crash the server.

BTW with the previous honour system scratched, have mounts reduced in price?

[ 12-06-2006, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: burnzey boi ]

(Main)Undead Mage - 70, Orc Warrior - 70, Blood Elf Paladin - 70, Orc Shaman - 70, Troll Rogue - 70,
Orc Hunter - 65, UD Warlock 61, BE Priest 60, Tauren Drood - 60
OM NOM NOM NOM
burnzey boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:28 PM   #19
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

The honor tallies every night i'm told...though I was on last night till 5am and nothing happend until I logged on later on today and saw I actualy had points to spend. Much gear is far more easily attainable and you don't have to wait until tuesday anymore, nor compete with other people on a ladder system that boots you off at the high ranks if you miss a week. It is a huge improvment, and quite simple too.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:17 AM   #20
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Mounts are...50 marks? 60? something like that.
But you still need the riding skill to ride them.

Any rogues notice Imp. Backstab and Imp. SnD haven't been switched? *sighs*