Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-26-2001, 05:55 AM   #1
dominions
Elminster

Hi everyone!

I'm just at the end of Baldur's Gate (BGI) & Tales of the Sword Cost (ToTSC) and shortly after I finish it I'm going to be sat there thinking 'What am i going to do without my daily fix of Baldur's Gate?!'.
So the logical next step is to buy Baldurs Gate II & the add on.
The trouble is: I'm a poor, poor man. When I open my wallet, I'm almost sucked in due to the vacuum! (now where's that violin?). So I need to know a few things about BGII before I put myself into dept (again):

1) Is it as good as BGI? (probably a silly question)
2) How much bigger is it, map-wise?
3) What are the plots like?
4) Is there any character developement for the main hero & the others?
5) How bug ridden is it?

I'd really appreciate any answers.

Cheers!

------------------
Hey! Like RPGs? See the DungeonCraft - RPG Game Maker on the Ironworks Gaming Forum
Old 09-26-2001, 06:03 AM   #2
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I think its better than BGI, well worth the money!
Old 09-26-2001, 10:11 AM   #3
dimon37
Zhentarim Guard

Mapwise is might not be much bigger, but all maps are very tightly packed with interesting stuff. You won;t have to search endless forests and empty fields. Character selection is much better, there is substantial character interaction inside your party. Many new spells. Excelent game all around. Might be a bit on the easy side.
Old 09-26-2001, 10:17 AM   #4
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

it has good replayability too. bg2 is better than bg1, especially with the tob expansion. high-level abilities kick serious butt. definately worth the cost. i lost my first copy, so i bought another, that is how much i like it, (of course when i cleaned my room, i found the other one damnit, so now i have two of them, lol) if i can find all of the disks for it, i might possibly be able to send it to you, no charge, afterall, ive been in your shoes (still am, just dont care) ha HA. seriously though, i MIGHT be able to send it to you. i just need to find all four disks. anyway, just responde to this post if you are interested.

------------------
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine
Old 09-26-2001, 01:13 PM   #5
dominions
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgan_Corbesant:
it has good replayability too. bg2 is better than bg1, especially with the tob expansion. high-level abilities kick serious butt. definately worth the cost. i lost my first copy, so i bought another, that is how much i like it, (of course when i cleaned my room, i found the other one damnit, so now i have two of them, lol) if i can find all of the disks for it, i might possibly be able to send it to you, no charge, afterall, ive been in your shoes (still am, just dont care) ha HA. seriously though, i MIGHT be able to send it to you. i just need to find all four disks. anyway, just responde to this post if you are interested.

Thanks for the info, guys!

I've just gone and ordered it from jungle.com - didn't see your post, Morgan. DAMN! Thank you very much for the offer, though. Very much appreciated!

The one I've ordered has also got Throne of Bhaal with it, so hopefully I won't be bored.

Oh, and as for you losing your copy of BG2: I did exactly the same thing with Final Fantasy VII!

Cheers everyone!

------------------
Hey! Like RPGs? See the DungeonCraft - RPG Game Maker on the Ironworks Gaming Forum
Old 09-26-2001, 01:21 PM   #6
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by dominions:
Thanks for the info, guys!

I've just gone and ordered it from jungle.com - didn't see your post, Morgan. DAMN! Thank you very much for the offer, though. Very much appreciated!

The one I've ordered has also got Throne of Bhaal with it, so hopefully I won't be bored.

Oh, and as for you losing your copy of BG2: I did exactly the same thing with Final Fantasy VII!

Cheers everyone!

Soulmates

i have to warn you though
Maps wise it's actually smaller as BG
But this is well made up by the fact that maps are much more used
this means no more roads and no more maps which only exist because they just had to place something there

Also Maybe the first Chapter might not be very enjoying (i didn;t like it that much) but once you get through that (it ain;t big) It's great
played it several times already and i like it more then BG1

there are Less NPC's BUT they have more depth

------------------

I'm Watching you...