Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 09-23-2010, 09:08 AM   #1
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
Default WoW - getting back into the swing of things

Hey guys

For a couple of years now my level 70 gnome warlock has been sitting in Shattrath City frozen in time. For the hell of it, I decided to start playing again and work my way through Wrath of the Lich King. The thing is, I have completely forgotten everything. I used to be a PUG DPS machine, now I can't remember the most basic spell casting orders (all these different DOTs, which did I use? What summon did I use?). In my absence, the game also unspecced me, and I have no idea how to best respec myself for levelling through WOTLK. Oh yeah, and what on earth are glyphs?

So yeah, if any warlocks out there can jog my memory as to what spells I should be casting and when, and my different spec options, and fill me in on new features, that would be great. Also what addons do you recommend? I only remember questhelper.
Jaradu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:22 PM   #2
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Default Re: WoW - getting back into the swing of things

What spec were you playing before?

I know there are a few other IW'ers that play affliction locks, however I am currently Demo specced, i don't spend a huge ammount of time on mine, but here is it's armory:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...urne&cn=Yuriee

It is by no means the best warlock, but I regularly out-dps far better geared destruction and affliction locks in ICC, and I use a static dps macro.

Let me know what spec you like to play and I'll see what info I can provide

Last edited by Hivetyrant; 09-23-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:44 PM   #3
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion

I levelled 1-69 as affliction, was pretty happy with it. At 70 I switched to the 21/40 (or whateverit was) destruction build for DPS. I've respecced back to affliction now but the process was more or less randomly clicking on talents that looked good. Affliction is definitely the style of play I'm more used to, but I don't know if it's as useful as the others, especially for questing. That demo build looks fun, especially metamorphosis... I'll have to check out a video of that in action.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...lyon&cn=Jaradu

I haven't had the chance to play much so far, but I'm getting used to throwing down the dots and spamming shadowbolt, can't help but feel like I'm missing/forgetting something though. Using an imp for the health bonus as well... I can't remember ever using the other summons much, only the succubus to sacrifice for DPS IIRC.

Cheers. Hopefully I'm not left in the dust when Cataclysm comes.
Jaradu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:21 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Don't know that much about locks as it's one of the few classes I don't have a level 80 of yet, so I can't help you with rotation, but our raid locks are both Destro 3/13/55 atm. On an EZmode (for ranged) fight like Marrowgar our locks will do about 12-13k dps. On Lich King 25 they are still doing about 9-10k at a 6k gearscore level.

Here's one of their raid specs:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...jin&cn=Dinuthu

Glyphs are consumables that you inscribe into your glyph books - in so doing you capture whatever bonus ability they provide. E.g. the Incinerate glyph increases your damage from Incinerate by 5%, and the Conflagrate glyph no longer consumes your Immolate or Shadowflame spell from your target. You can have 3 Major Glyphs and 3 Minor Glyphs to scribe. You buy them from the AH or beg an inscriptor to make them for you.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote