Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2001, 01:13 PM   #1
Lemernis
Drizzt Do'Urden

I selected my own avatar on my profile page (I use Facelink) but it isn't showing up. Do I need to acrue more posts before I can use an avatar of my own ?

Also, is there some way to create a link to an image other than an avatar? It'd be fun to be able to show a screenshot now and then, for example.
Old 11-30-2001, 03:14 PM   #2
Darkman

I'm not sure. You might want to ask this over at the General Discussions forum.
Old 11-30-2001, 05:50 PM   #3
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Avatars depend on how many posts you have. What you probably configured in your profile was your signature. TO show it in your posts, mark the checkbox behind the editing window, and whatever you wrote in your profile will appear at the end of your post.
Old 11-30-2001, 07:43 PM   #4
chinese noodle
Manshoon

what the hell is an 'avatar' and how do i get one?
Old 11-30-2001, 08:24 PM   #5
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

The Avatar is the thing under your name on the left under your user name beside your post. You've got one! Your's is Manshoon! Mine is Emerald Dragon.
Old 11-30-2001, 08:29 PM   #6
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Ertai_OHF:
Avatars depend on how many posts you have. What you probably configured in your profile was your signature. TO show it in your posts, mark the checkbox behind the editing window, and whatever you wrote in your profile will appear at the end of your post.

Make sure you put "img" (don't use the "")with brackets around it before the address of your picture and "/img" (don't use the "")with brackets around it at the end of your picture address. Don't use spaces either. That will show your signature at the bottom of your posts.
Old 11-30-2001, 08:41 PM   #7
Legolas
Jack Burton

The avatars in facelink are simply not used on this particular board. The information's there, but it is not asked for.
There's a simple connection between posts and avatar instead of the avatar usually seen on message boards which is determined by the user. No personal avatars In fact, there aren't even special avatars for female members (shock, outrage [img]tongue.gif[/img] )(BTW, I'm not one of them )

You can put the link to the avatar in your signature box though, but be sure to put it between an [ IMG] and a [/IMG ] tag.
The IMG tag works in signatures, but also in plain text. If I wanted an image here, I'd type [ IMG]URLofimage[/IMG ] without the spaces between the bracket and the I and the bracket and the G.

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 07:40 PM   #8
Senior Frog
Dungeon Master

I just wanted to let you folks know that I found this thread to be extremely helpful.
I appreciate even unlooked for advice at times. =)