Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-27-2001, 02:28 AM   #1
jsolo15
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just Finished chapter 5 ,

When I arrive back to the Temple District to my Paladin StrongeHold My main character try to talk to any NPC and Notthing happens ! The Main Character doesn't even move next to the charater I want to talk to ! I get some message in red say something like "I'm to proud for this".

I first thought that maybe someone had place a spell on me but I cast Dispel and it does notthing same problem. So I decided to rest to see if that would fix it notthing ! I decide to go to the Dock to get the Crom Faeyr done and still my main Character couldn't talk to Cromwell!

The other Character in my Group can talk to others!

My character does talk if the NPC start the Conversations.

Is there a Bug in BGII ? Some help !!
Old 10-27-2001, 04:39 AM   #2
ReGiN

Same thing happened to me after someone cast a "silence"-spell on me...even if it was dispelled, I still couldn't talk to anyone...
I reloaded to a place where the jerk couldn't silence me and it worked!

Speaking of bugs...my character got hit by a smoke mephit and could only see one square, as it always does...but when it disappeared, I still couldn't see more than 1 square!
An dthe worst part was, I didn't notice this, until I had overwritten all my chances to make my character see again..
This led to the most annoying fact that my barbarian char couldn't attack big creatures, like dragons and such...
This was VERY annoying, but I managed to finish the game anyway

------------------

I saw the movie, but I didn't think the action scenes were THAT good.

[This message has been edited by ReGiN (edited 10-27-2001).]

Old 10-27-2001, 07:35 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by jsolo15:
I just Finished chapter 5 ,

When I arrive back to the Temple District to my Paladin StrongeHold My main character try to talk to any NPC and Notthing happens ! The Main Character doesn't even move next to the charater I want to talk to ! I get some message in red say something like "I'm to proud for this".

I first thought that maybe someone had place a spell on me but I cast Dispel and it does notthing same problem. So I decided to rest to see if that would fix it notthing ! I decide to go to the Dock to get the Crom Faeyr done and still my main Character couldn't talk to Cromwell!

The other Character in my Group can talk to others!

My character does talk if the NPC start the Conversations.

Is there a Bug in BGII ? Some help !!
This is a bug. You can either:

1) download the patch from www.bioware.com and see if it works; or

2) reload from your last save when you were able to talk to people.

------------------