Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-23-2000, 10:41 PM   #1
Savatar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I can't seem to be able to kill the tanner. We wail and wail on him, but he just won't die. Also, what do we do in Umar afterward? The book salesman won't sell us a Zhentarim book.?? Who do we talk to about the human flesh armor after we finish the quest?
Old 12-23-2000, 10:56 PM   #2
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Did you get the flesh from under the bed?
If so then a fourth merchant appears outside the Umar Inn. That is if you've finished the Umar Quest, otherwise he's alone. Just left of the south exit. The book salesman in the inn is not him. Some salesman though I couldn't get him to buy/sell anything though I'm sure there's some use to him.
Anyhow if you want anything else the merchant has, buy it before you buy the Zhentarim book.
Old 12-23-2000, 10:57 PM   #3
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Sorry not the flesh, but the note in the cupboard to the right of the bed. That's what you need.
Old 12-24-2000, 12:11 AM   #4
The.Relic
Red Dragon

The Tanner cannot be killed at this juncture of the game. The plot concerning him carries on a little further. You will have the oportunity to finish him off at another destination. I wont spoil it for you unless it is your wish.
The flesh will be useless to you unless you are an evil aligned character. If you are not evil then it is of no use unless you just want to finish the quest and have it made into armor which you can only sell for 1 gold piece. Only the evil protagonist can wear it.
Old 12-24-2000, 02:10 AM   #5
Worm
The Magister

You can put it on the drow. I did at least.
Old 12-24-2000, 09:38 AM   #6
Ertai, Wizard Adept

Oh, im so confused. I didnt do anything about the tanner in Umar. Here´s what i did (possible spoiler):
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> After the false battle in the bridge, I went to Caravasar to buy some things and a woman appeared asking help for his son. His son told me that a flesh creature kidnapped his girlfriend so I went to the forest he told me to investigate. There i found a man that said was hunting the beast (he called it the dancing ***, i cant remember) and told me to go to the eastern part of the city. There he was with the girl and asked me to kill a person that was unconscius and was suppossed to be the tanner. I waited and the person awakened and the other two became skeletons (they were the tanner and the flesh beast) so i killed them and used a restoration scroll in the girl and got some xp. Now im in Umar and, of course, there is no sign of the tanner over there.

Old 12-24-2000, 11:49 AM   #7
The.Relic
Red Dragon

That is the end of the Tanner. I believe that is why Savatar is having the problem, Savatar is probably doing like many of us did, trying to kill the Tanner before this scenario. Which of course is impossible.
Old 12-24-2000, 11:54 AM   #8
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

I never finshed that stupid tanner!!! Where caravasar? I want to kick his ass!!!