Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 03-11-2010, 12:44 PM   #31
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: Replay Value

Sounds like you are making great progress!!!
Old 03-11-2010, 08:27 PM   #32
Shadow Stranger

After the Serpent Temple comes the rite of passage, the ghastly Jungle Lilies. That will really test your party line-up.
Shadow Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:48 PM   #33
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

Well, sort of. I'm already wise to the 4(or 5) Amazoni Mantraps by the lake in the East and how to deal with them.

The Little People were able to dispatch them without a scratch. It was funny because they were exploring carefully in daylight, rounded a corner of some trees, and saw these abominable plants writhing about- They turned and ran in terror! They were going to double back another way, and almost ran headlong into the Mantraps at an opening in the trees! They quickly backed off and started hurling Burning Haze and Locust Swarm at them through the opening in the trees. They had to replenish mana before it was over and had minor irritations in the form of Trolls and whatnot walking past the Mantraps to attack us on occasion. It was a good time.

However, there are several Lillies in the Boogre Dungeon that are more challenging because Lillies are the upgraded version, you have less room to maneuver, and your group have greatly reduced spellcasting abilities- at least with your first encounter because they are still cursed with Boogreism.

+Dr.Pick
Old 03-13-2010, 08:35 AM   #34
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I enjoyed reading that!!!

The Salads are most interesting!!! And if Bungleau were around, he'd say: "They will hunt you down!"

LOL!!
Old 03-13-2010, 08:17 PM   #35
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Speaking of Bungleau, he has been silent for a very long time. Any ideas?

Also, does W&W play on Win7?

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:25 PM   #36
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

Sunglass Man Re: Replay Value

I can't imagine anyone's tried it on Win7 because it's well off the gaming radar by now although someone saw my Tome of Misinformation lying at my workstation the other day and asked about it. Perhaps he'll seek it out and end up at these boards looking for that very answer. ;^)

+Dr.Pick
Old 03-14-2010, 11:34 AM   #37
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Haven't seen Bungleau on this forum in ages. I did sent him a private message when we had a couple of tech questions but didn't see him show up for those. WOuld be nice to see him drop by!

I believe getting W&W to run on Win7 would be similar to getting it to run on XP, but I don't know of anyone who has actually tried.
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:40 PM   #38
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

I have found older games like 'Morrowind" play much better on 7, than it ever did on my XP box. Have read elsewhere that "Baldurs Gate" is 7 friendly.

I might give W&W a shot once I'm tired of "Dragon Age".

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:40 PM   #39
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

Surprised Man Re: Replay Value

So, The Little People found and started checking out the Shurugeon Castle ruins. They sent a Swamp Muck back to the puddle of goo from which it came and were marking the front gate on their map when the Silent Spirit hurled a spell at them from the Castle wall!

Now I'm thinking I've got the wrong name and it might not be the one they are supposed to avoid. The Tome mentions a Sleeping Sentinel in the monster list and I don't think that's what it was.

+Dr.Pick

Last edited by Dr.Pick; 03-14-2010 at 11:47 PM. Reason: update
Dr.Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:48 PM   #40
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

Happy Re: Replay Value

Ok, They managed to get into the ruins eventually- those dark underwater caves that twist around drive me crazy! I have a terrible sense of direction.

Anyway, they breezed through the outer ruins and the Gate Towers seemed to be abandoned, so they went right up to the lever, opened the gates, and cries from the Sleeping Sentinel rang out as it took crush damage from the opening gates!

Oh, how they laughed!... except for Wili the Rat who fretted and whined all the way back to town that he might not get credit for the deed since the Sentinel had obviously been "disturbed", but the Dojo Master didn't care since Wili managed to open the gate BEFORE the Sentinel was awoken. They just didn't gain any experience from its demise since it was accidentally killed.

Now that Wili's a Ninja, I'll have to get Gronk the Gourk Barbarian into Ranger Training. He's always been facinated with Fletchery and Bowmanship, but his Clan always made fun of Archers as "sissies". Seeing Wili the Rat with his bow recently has renewed Gronk's interest and he's going to inquire at the Armory tonight.

Peace, +Dr.Pick