Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2004, 10:46 PM   #21
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:

...What's your point? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Uh, well, it was like, you, n' stuff..... like...I dunno... *looks sheepishly at the ground, shifts from foot to foot*
Leave me alone!

[/QUOTE]You can't remember can you? Ahh well, due to your 'relegion', I suppose you wouldn't remember, so I don't blame you [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2004, 10:46 PM   #22
Nightcloak
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yes I am a straightedge and I have no problems with it. IMHO I really don't understand why people do drugs and alcohol, and don't give me the "way out" reasons. In reality your just creating more problems for your self, as you intake such toxins. I don't not do it because its "illegal" for my age group or such nonsense, its a personal reminder to my self that there are some idiots in life who want to poison themselves. (Not meant in a purity sense, I mean biologically and health wise).

I have more important things to worry about, and i'm not about to debilitate my health which would only create horrible and endless obstacles that would make life... that much more unbarable [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

In its purest sense this all drums down to choice, are you going to prove your stronger than everyone else and step out to realize the faults of others, or succumb to another pathetic form of peer pressure. I honestly have never met a person that has enjoyed the taste of alcohol their first time, same as smoking, etc. (well those i've asked).

I'm not trying to bash you "non straightedges" out there, its your choice, I leave you alone, you leave me alone... good fences make good neighbors. Besides, school to me is extremely important and I my self have OCD, which means i'm chronically worried about everything... health, school, future... no wonder I stay up all night.

::edit:: (This doesn't mean I dont want or won't have sex [img]tongue.gif[/img] ...yah know... its sex... come on, all natural and stuff...errrr... hmmm ::looks away and whistles: [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 07-07-2004, 10:50 PM: Message edited by: Nightcloak ]
Old 07-07-2004, 10:51 PM   #23
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Nightcloak:
Yes I am a straightedge and I have no problems with it. IMHO I really don't understand why people do drugs and alcohol, and don't give me the "way out" reasons. In reality your just creating more problems for your self, as you intake such toxins. I don't not do it because its "illegal" for my age group or such nonsense, its a personal reminder to my self that there are some idiots in life who want to poison themselves. (Not meant in a purity sense, I mean biologically and health wise).

I have more important things to worry about, and i'm not about to debilitate my health which would only create horrible and endless obstacles that would make life... that much unbarable [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

In its purest sense this all drums down to choice, are you going to prove your stronger than everyone else and step out to realize the faults of others, or succumb to another pathetic form of peer pressure. I honestly have never met a person that has enjoyed the taste of alcohol their first time, same as smoking, etc. (well those i've asked).
Heh heh. Sweet man. Whatever works for you [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Still, I wouldn't call embracing Bacchic ecstacy a fault [img]smile.gif[/img] It's great fun. Don't knock it 'till you try it
Old 07-07-2004, 10:55 PM   #24
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Nightcloak:
I'm not trying to bash you "non straightedges" out there
Of course not, your post did that quite well my good fellow

It's cool, I guess I'm straightedge...ish. I don't do drugs unless you consider caffeine one, and I suck down that stuff by the liters
Old 07-08-2004, 01:01 AM   #25
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Pretty much the same as Gangrell, though not so much caffeine. Just don't pay much attention to it, I 'spose. Not very worried whether I qualify or not, lol. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-08-2004, 01:06 AM   #26
wellard
Dracolisk

Life without sex drugs or rock and roll?

As Spock says... "It's life Jim, but not how we know it"

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 07-08-2004, 11:34 AM   #27
Amaze me SxE
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ok let me clarify what straightedge is, more or less give you a definition.

someone said this earlier but they are correct, straightedge was started by ian mccay from minor threat, you'll see kids with X's on their hands that is a display that they are straightedge, straightedge means you will not do drugs of any kind, not drink, and not have permiquise sex, you can have sex if you have an intimate reasoning behind it. and the thing about not eating meat is false, it's just most straightedge people follow the vegan diet, i don't personally, that's just crazy.

but i hope that helped you understand what straightedge is now.
Old 07-08-2004, 12:24 PM   #28
Ehrys
Manshoon

Hmm... interesting concept. Sounds almost Zen Buddhist like?
Old 07-08-2004, 12:44 PM   #29
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by bjorn:
no meat or anything from the animal kingdom.
I'm pretty sure that's either vegetarian or vegan. Straightedge has nothing to do with meat.
Old 07-08-2004, 02:09 PM   #30
Stratos
Vampire

No drugs/alcohol or promiscuous sex doesn't sound that strange.