Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2001, 11:53 AM   #1
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

DISCLAIMER--------------------------------------------
This is not an INN or GUILD! It is a place for people to come so as to not disrupt other threads with meaningless, off-topic conversation
--------------------------------------------------------------

Come one! Come all! Welcome to the greatest show on Earth! Please, please no shoving there is plenty of room for everyone. Ah, hello good sir and madam, how are we this fine evening? You can check your cloaks and weapons over there, the bar is across the way over there, and we have fine dining….if you like popcorn and pretzels……over there. Please make yourself at home and feel free to mingle, everyone here is always willing to strike up a good conversation. Ah, but before you go I have to tell you the few rules that we do have:

1) Absolutuly no rude comments! After the last one was made the tent collapsed killing everybody inside and it took 2 months to rebuild.

2) Respect, respect, respect! You don’t have to agree with everyone you talk to, but at least respect his or her opinion and move along. There are plenty of people here to talk to so if you don’t like the conversation then find another one.
3) This is a place for conversation only! Come here to say hi, or to ask a question or just talk. Argue if you want, make an announcement for all to hear, or eavesdrop on a few of the more entertaining topics. It doesn’t matter!

Those are the rules. If you don’t like them then leave. If you break any one of them the tent will close immediately and your name will be posted on the door outside so everyone knows whom to thank!
So please enjoy yourself. Talk about anything you like with whomever you like!
Old 05-03-2001, 11:57 AM   #2
Moni

Peeking in to say "Hi!" before I head out and glaze more windows.
:looking around:
"Nice Tent!"
See Y'all Later!

Moni

Old 05-03-2001, 12:08 PM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Moridin...if you think I will NOT off topic another thread...ahhhhh well, stay here..LOL..I'd hate to disillusion you! LOL

Uh, nice try, really! You mean I can't insult Memsy if he comes in here? ACK! Rules...hmmm...I dunno, Moridin...I'm feeling CONSTRAINED...eeef!

Hey, all kidding aside, I appreciate the sentiment...I was gonna start Cloudy's Cafe, for chat and more chat..only my rules allow dancing on the countertops ....TEEHEE! I'll wait a bit, now...

Nice tent...but uh, can you get the ankheg off the bar? It's really making the cider look less appealing! HAHAHAHA

Cloudy

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 05-03-2001, 12:18 PM   #4
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Awww Cloudy, the rules aren't that strict

You can dance on the table tops if you want.....and I guess I should make a change in the rules
Insults, in jest, are allowed (and yes we will know which ones are in jest)

And yes I know you and others will take other threads off topic Just wanted to start a 'new' place for people to come and chat

Oh and the ankheg is the bartender! He doesn't bite and really doesn't understand English or any other language so just drink what he serves!

------------------

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear ignorant,
than open it and remove all doubt!
Old 05-03-2001, 12:34 PM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Can I add one more rule - if you find something offensive, it may not have been intentional, so BE HONEST and say so to the person in a polite way (on the board or by email). You'd be amazed at how far a little honesty goes.

------------------
Old 05-03-2001, 12:36 PM   #6
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

a mighty fine idea!
me likes
me likes

------------------

*Lord of the Screen Shot*
Get My IronWorks Winamp skin
Old 05-03-2001, 12:56 PM   #7
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

NOOOOOOO you must flame them till they are ashes that is the best way to resolve things.

------------------
Meet my lawyer.
Old 05-03-2001, 12:56 PM   #8
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

What about SPAMMING? Can Cloudy Lady still spam? If not shes in trouble!!!

------------------
Sir Taliesin

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons
if you are crunchy and good with ketchup!
Old 05-03-2001, 12:57 PM   #9
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Cool my first simultaneous post!

------------------
Meet my lawyer.
Old 05-03-2001, 01:14 PM   #10
Draconia

Can I bring my dragon?

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen