Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 03-06-2002, 05:05 PM   #1
Raznar
Dungeon Master

Right I just finished the game for the first time with my undead hunter and I've decieded to start again soloing this time with a kensai/mage.
All I want are some tips if you have any for example what can I do about traps in the game? (with no thieves or detect traps spells it might get a little hairy). Also I'm a level 7 kensai and level 6 mage, what level mage will I have to be before i can reap the benefits of being a dual classed kensai/mage instead of just a mage i.e. when will I start recieving exp. points in my kensai class again? And finally will the game be that much harder without priest spells?
Thanks for any advice
Old 03-06-2002, 05:10 PM   #2
Terevok Candlehar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

about traps you will have to take the damage or use the spell find traps (might be cleric?)
and when you dual class you have to be a level higher at your second class then and only then will you be able to use the abilities of both your classes hope i helped oh and everyone look at my new sig
Old 03-06-2002, 05:18 PM   #3
Rolper
Dungeon Master

"find traps" is definately cleric but it may be purchaseable at the temples, a lot of cleric scrolls are... but can you cast cleric spells?
Rolper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 05:32 PM   #4
Foo
Dungeon Master

I don't think there is any way for you to detect traps, rather you just have to take the damage. Do you recall where they were the first time through? For locks, you can either try to bash them open, or use the 'knock' spell.

As far as your level, once the second class gets to 1 level past the level your original char was, then your original skills will be reactivated. I'm curious why you chose to dual so early in the game? I dualled from kensai to mage at level 12, for all of the extra xp, THAC0, kai, etc..... Now I'm at 12/20 and kickin' ass!!

Playing solo with this char made me use mage spells I never had used before when in a group such as Ghost Armour, Protection from Normal/Magic Weapons, Blur, Project Image, Simulacrum...

Look out for those spells and use them to your advantage!
Foo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 06:17 PM   #5
Raznar
Dungeon Master

Thanks for the tips everyone if anyone has anymore just keep em coming.
Old 03-07-2002, 12:55 PM   #6
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

You might try Charm or Domination on opponents and use them to "Detect Traps" (ie, send them ahead and let them set off the traps). You could also use your Monster Summoning spells for the same purpose (when you get them).

As for your kensai level...you WILL NEVER receive any more exp. points in the kensai class. Once you dual-class, you QUIT the first class in order to pursue the second one. You eventually regain the abilities of the first class, but you NEVER gain any more experience in that class.
Old 03-07-2002, 03:02 PM   #7
Servii
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What is your alighment? If true neutral you can cast "Find familiar"-rabbit or cat, can't remember and he/she [img]smile.gif[/img] can "find traps" for you. It's one of it's special skills.
Servii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 06:02 PM   #8
koconnor100
The Magister

quote:
Originally posted by Servii:
What is your alighment? If true neutral you can cast "Find familiar"-rabbit or cat, can't remember and he/she [img]smile.gif[/img] can "find traps" for you. It's one of it's special skills.

Do the other familiar's have special skills (got me a pseudo-dragon)
Old 03-08-2002, 06:15 AM   #9
Servii
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yes. Every Familiar has it's special ability. Find traps. Hide in shadows, poison(?) atack etc. But, what kind of Familiar you can summon, depends on your alighment. Second: To summon familiar is VERY...let's say you should take this step carefully. You can loose 1 point of Constitution if your pet dies. PERMANENTLY!!! Only 11-th "all class" spell "Load game" can brings the lost point back [img]smile.gif[/img] ))
Servii is offline   Reply With Quote