Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-17-2001, 10:19 PM   #1
Shmack
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey.

I'm starting a beserker, and wondering what kind of weapon he should specialize in...so, that'd be my question that I need your guy's opinions...

So...go crazy!

Cheers!
-Shmack
Old 06-17-2001, 11:37 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Personal opinion ahead:
>
>
>
>
>
I would suggest focus mainly on warhammer, and long sword. And also pay some attention to katana.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 06-17-2001, 11:45 PM   #3
vesselle
Hathor

*lol*

i have a dwarven berserker *bows graciously* the only kind to have, imho.
and it's a total crack-up watching her dual weild axes. she goes straight for the knee caps.

OUCH!

"chopped up into little foe-shaped chunky bits", as minsc would say.

V***V

[This message has been edited by vesselle (edited 06-17-2001).]
Old 06-18-2001, 12:26 AM   #4
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

Depends on what your other characters will be.

If your beserker is solo, and you will put in NPC characters along the way, I suggest ..

Either a Dwarven beserker fighter. Train in dual weapons and get Grandmaster warhammer. You will be able to use the Hammer of Thunderbolts, later the Crom Faeyr, plus you'll get a great missile weapon (which beserkers don't usually get) which is the dwarven hammer of throwing, a very powerful distance weapon.

Or a Human dual class Beserker/cleric. Trained again in dual weapons and Grandmaster warhammer. Get your beserker to level 12 then dual class over, you will be INCREDIBLE in melee combat, plus you'll have healing and clerical spells.

Either one would be a nice beserker character. I played the beserker/cleric and he was Awsome, one of the best characters you can get.
Old 06-18-2001, 12:29 AM   #5
trux

i would say definetely warhammer.

axes, long swords, 2handed swords and katanas would also be good. i usually pick one to attain grandmastery in, and then specialize in a few others as you gain levels.

------------------
--
trux