Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-17-2001, 10:02 AM   #1
Volourn
Manshoon

I'm a fool when it comes to these types of spells. Why, you ask? That's simple. I NEVER use them, and I mean EVER. Heheh! I mean, why have that kind of power at your finger tips if yournot going to use it. I always say the following to myself:" Save it, b/c you might need it later!" Heheh!... Anyways, back tomy foolishness!!

------------------
"That didn't hurt!" - Volourn Honourblade after the red dragon breathed on him for 75% of his hp.
Old 06-17-2001, 10:51 AM   #2
Legolas the Elven Archer

You know, I have that very same thing. I never use spell triggers or sequencers and I don't even know the reason for it. Didn't stop me from beating the game all these times, though

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 06-17-2001, 11:08 AM   #3
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

I 100 percent agree. I played throught the game multiple times without having to use them, just goes to show you that your characters are really alot stronger than they need to be compared to the monsters.
I never had to have the quick spell casting ability they represent. Sure, casting 2 or 3 magic missile spells at a foe would kill them very quick, but I have no problem just casting 1 at a time and having others use bows and such.
Hopefully in Throne of Bhaal, I'll actually meet some tough foes I'll have to use them with.
Old 06-17-2001, 11:11 AM   #4
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

I used the minor sequencer a couple times.. found it more or less useless. never triend any of the others. didnt need it anyway. Of course it might be helpful with Kangaxx. been getting POUNDED by him in the game im running now

------------------
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-17-2001, 12:58 PM   #5
Xod
Zhentarim Guard

Same here. I never used them. I always saved them for a "tough" encounter. The problem is that in BG2, you need them when you are weak at the beginning of the game. By the time your mages can cast them, the rest of the party is strong enough so that sequencers don't make that much of a difference.

------------------

"This place will be your tomb."
Old 06-17-2001, 01:46 PM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I use Minor Spell Sequencer for Mirror Image and Blur, then end up only using it maybe once or twice... ...

I use Spell Sequencer slightly more often, maybe a few dozen times. I store Greater Malison, Emotion and Flame Arrow at first. Later on, the Flame Arrow changes to Secret Word. Great for casting on a mage, and the Greater Malison enables the Emotion to have more success. Nothing beats beating people who can't fight back. Oooo! Hordes of enemies intent on killing you? Cast this and watch as the majority of them fall to the ground doing NOTHING but curl up and whimper as you beat on them for free. Emotion is a cheesy spell. Works only against humanoid creatures though, and doesn't affect undead.

Spell trigger... ... Common sense says I should be using this more often than Spell Sequencer, yet... ... I end up only using it maybe 4-5 times?!?! Maybe it's because I have to wait so long to get this spell that by the time I do get it, I'm already comfortable using other viable tactics... ... I store Protection from Magical Energy, Spell Immunity_Abjuration and Spell Shield for the Spell Trigger. Great for defending against mages.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer, then a Paladin.

Old 06-17-2001, 02:22 PM   #7
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

I know there are a lot more effective and strategical uses for the spell trigger, but I LOVE letting out three lightning bolts at a time into a room of baddies. My character walks up ahead (very important step here) wearing the Reflection Cloak and LIGHT 'EM UP!!!!
Old 06-17-2001, 03:27 PM   #8
Encard
Quintesson

Err... Spell Trigger: Lower Resist x3... Death... Bwahaha!

------------------
Blah blah blah... RaBid Fruit Trees! Bow down! Blah blah blah...

[This message has been edited by Encard (edited 06-17-2001).]
Old 06-17-2001, 03:50 PM   #9
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

i like chain contingency with sphere of chaos, greater malasion, and any area effect spell.

------------------

Lord of the Screen Shot
Get My IronWorks Winamp skin
Old 06-17-2001, 04:04 PM   #10
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

on spell trigger, i like to chain 3 Lower Resists together (or if im in a cheesy mood, 3 cloudkills). then i fill the Sequencer up with 3 lightning bolts, and the Minor Sequencer with Magic Missile. I use the Trigger, then cast Time Stop (during dragon fight). then i release the lightning bolts, then the missiles. the last round is spent on abi dalzims probably, and you got a roasted dragon in less than 3 rounds of apparant time!

------------------
I'll kidnap ya fer 100, reprogram ya fer 300, and kill ya fer 500! Oh come one! I'll throw in the killin' fer 250!