Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2001, 05:17 AM   #1
bocaj

I know this is not the first post on music but I couln't find the other ones. so I thought I would just make a new one. Well ok then here are the questions:
1.what kind of music do you listen like?
2.do you play an instrument?
3.if yes then what kind?

I look forword to your answers.

Old 01-12-2001, 10:18 AM   #2
Arak

1. All kind from hardcore metal to classic Mozart, mainly rock though.
2. Yes
3. bass, guitar, saxomaphone (not very active as i cant seem to find the time for it anymore)

Old 01-12-2001, 10:24 AM   #3
Moiraine
Anubis

Yorick ? Where are you ? This is a thread for you !

I listen to about any kind of music, I am always happy to discover something new. I can have odd tastes sometimes (as my husband says).

I used to play the violin long ago (I am kind of rusty now), and I play the piano now.
I always had a passion for that instrument. You can play anything on it !
Old 01-12-2001, 11:20 AM   #4
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

I'm here Moiraine.
I listen to a wide variety of contempory music, with the odd Django Reinhardt or Handel thrown in.
My CD collection includes Irish music from U2, Clannad, Hothouse Flowers, Triona, Afro-Celt, Ash, The Cranberries, The Corrs Enya and Loreena McKennit (she's a Canadian Celt);
Scottish Music from Travis, Gun, Del Amitri, Simple Minds;
English music from Radiohead, The Verve, Olive, Brian Eno, The Smiths, Lloyd Cole, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Peter Gabriel, Tears for Fears, Roger Waters, The Sundays, Delerious, Tina Cousins, New Order, Beth Orton, Billie Piper, Shakespears Sister, The Beatles and Sting.
I've got Robert Miles, Chicane, Enigma, Delerium, Appollo 440, Deep Forest, Death in Vegas, Massive Attack etc in electronic music.
I've got Jeff Buckley, Owsley, Crash Test Dummies (see ladyzekke!), Matchbox 20, Donna Lewis, Tom Petty, Wille Nelson, Bruce Hornsby, Tal Bachman, Filter, Nine-Inch-Nails, Tony Rich, Prince, TLC, Barry White, Def Leppard, Bryan Adams, DC Talk, The Neville Bros, NSync, Counting Crows, Sheryl Crow, Steve Miller, Sarah Mason, Natalie Merchant, David Baerwald, Talking Heads, Bruce Cockburn, Jewel, Duncan Sheik, Elvis, Wang Chung, Quindon, Sarah McLachlan Billy Holiday, Tori Amos, Susan Vega, Joan Osbourne, Macy Gray and Christine Aguilera from the U.S. and Canada.
I've got Manu Dobango and Passion: Sources from africa, Libido and Ah-ha from Norway, Ace of Base and the 'stone me into the groove' band from Sweden. 'J' from Germany Jean Michel Jarre from France, Bjork from Iceland, Finn (Brothers), Niel Finn (solo), Bic Runga, and Dragon from New Zealand (Enigma is allegedly Romanian but I've already mentioned him.)
Finally from Australia the collection includes The Cruel Sea, Icehouse, Paul Colman Trio, Crowded House, Jack Frost, The Church, Stephen Cummings, Threedom, Merril Bainbridge, Bachelor Girl, Shihad, Mixed Relations, Gondwanaland Project, Presto, Receiver, Ana Christenson, Tina Arena, You am I, Vertigo and Hugh Wilson.

To name a few.
Old 01-12-2001, 11:27 AM   #5
Arak

Uhm, good thing you only named a few?!?
I believe the Creeps did 'Stone me into the groove'

Old 01-12-2001, 06:26 PM   #6
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Yorick must have an entire room in his house filled with albums(I'll bet they're in order too)! Ok, I'll throw out a few bands I like: Warrior Soul, Led Zepplin, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Radiohead, Creedence Clearwater Revival/John Fogerty (CCR), Sound Garden, some Rage Against the Machine, Crash Test Dummies (I saw Yorick!), Chumba Wumba (shut up), Tool, Dave Matthews Band, Mother Love Bone, Temple of the Dog, Creed, some Limp Bizkit, and Oh, yes, embarrassed to say I liked Disco. Hey I grew up with it what can I say?
Old 01-12-2001, 09:12 PM   #7
Ladyzekke

OK, too much time has elapsed and no more responses to this thread!?? We'd like to hear more responses guys!! Come on people! What music do you all listen to??

Also, I forgot to mention another musical genius on my list above, Hugh Wilson. What was I thinking?

God created music for our souls...
Old 01-12-2001, 09:33 PM   #8
Azuth

oh boy. er Catatonia, Space, Ladysmith Black Mambazo, Jimmy Nail and Maddness. oh and some of the classical players.
i don't play anything because i have the muisc skill of... some one who can't play muisc.

Old 01-12-2001, 09:41 PM   #9
Ladyzekke

Where are you from Azuth? I've never heard of any of your mentioned bands!?

Embrace the MUSIC and you will be free!
Old 01-12-2001, 09:54 PM   #10
Azuth

most are from england, Ladysmith Black Mambazo are from south africa i think?