Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2001, 11:08 AM   #1
Anka
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just got the teleport and create portal spells, and I'm just wondering exactly how they work. I know that you must first create a portal somewhere, and casting teleport will bring you there. However, is it possible to create another portal somewhere else, but be able to teleport back to either one? Or is only to the last one you created? Thanks!
Old 11-06-2001, 11:38 AM   #2
Jazzid
Manshoon

Hello Anka!
Unfortunately you can only have ONE portal active that you can teleport to. If you create a new one the old portal will be replaced. However, if you enter a city by, for example, casting Call of Home, it is possible to teleport back to the portal after exiting the city.

I hope this answered your question.

//Jazzid
Old 11-06-2001, 12:26 PM   #3
Anka
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks, that helps alot!
Old 11-06-2001, 02:00 PM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Actually...

you can have multiple portals...but not in the same area.

You can have exactly one in each of the overland areas (Valeia area, The Shire, and Enchanted Sea).

In addition, you can create a single portal within certain dungeons (The Crypt, Serpent Temple, Shurugeon Castle, Stout Mines, Dragonspire, Skull Castle, and Shrine Of Anephas). The Boogre Caves, Cet's Pyramid, and Collasium are "immune" to teleporting, so you can't do it in those dungeons.

Some of the areas are "iffy" on portals as well: Skull Castle has areas that are non-teleportable, while others in the castle are. Also, the Lost Sea area may be "iffy" on casting portals as well. Here, trial and error may be the best way to go.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001, 04:56 PM   #5
Jazzid
Manshoon

Thanks Saz... that was a lot of new useful info about teleporting for me as well. Excellent thing Anka that you brought up the subject.

I wonder if Saz's tip is in the best hints thread... otherwise I think it has deserved its place there.

Cheers // Jazzid
Old 11-06-2001, 06:06 PM   #6
KAR_MOD1
Drow Warrior

but can more than one charc. cast portal or does that one cancel the other charc.'s portal just wondering
Old 11-07-2001, 10:57 AM   #7
Anka
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Interesting question, although only one of my chars has teleport right now. Still, thanks for the answers!
Old 11-07-2001, 06:41 PM   #8
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

Interesting topic as I was just going to start one!I've been having a problem with portals.Seems that if I us it once it isn't there any more,occasionally if used call home and tried to telport back and spell keeps failing??Maybe I just need more practice..John