Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-08-2000, 07:08 PM   #1
Philip

I had to restart the Boogre caves once already because I made the mistake of seeing Pris Kiel'a (whatever) first. When I got back to her with Grunaxe's ring, she had wandered down the hall towards the jungle lilies. When I gave her the ring, she did go back to Skeser Da's place, but the lilies followed us and she didn't open the door when she finally got back. So I try a second time. This time, Malgrim is in the room before I am let out of the cage, and it was difficult to direct my conversation at the guard, but you have to talk to HIM to get him to let you out. When he finally open the cage doors, Malgrim was in the way and the doors would open a little then bang shut over and over. Malgrim took damage 'til he finally died, but the doors still wouldn't open enough for me to get out. So I'm going to try AGAIN. Would there was some way to fast forward thru conversation...

PS - has anybody noticed the grammar in the "Notify by Email" option? I just did...

Old 10-09-2000, 12:55 AM   #2
warmonger3

One of the things I noticed was you almost have to say "Goodbye" to every npc who talks to you, otherwise they follow you around. I had this problem in boogre, as well as the Toad city. And those damn Lilies are way too tough.

Old 10-09-2000, 02:14 AM   #3
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hmm, so does not saying goodbye cause NPC's to stop? I had a few Boogre's hold me up, but I just toasted them. Also, I found you REALLY need to have the Firestorm or Meteor Shower spells to get by this place. One good shot will wipe out the lilies, from far away too.
The cyclops doesn't like them much either...

I had a problem where Torin's father stopped talking to me mid conversation, he just stood there like a zombie (well..), and then dissapearred. Anyone else have this happen?

Scronan
Old 10-09-2000, 01:14 PM   #4
Philip

I'm not sure if I tried "Goodbye", but will that guarantee the NPC moves away from you? On my third try, I just hid in the back of the cage for a bit, and I guess he walked right by the room, because he wasn't there when I finally spoke to the guard and he let me out. As for the lilies, the ones near the idol followed me out of the room but wouldn't climb the stairs, so I just picked them off with incinerate and iceball with my one wizard.

Old 10-09-2000, 08:06 PM   #5
warmonger3

"Goodbye" worked at the Toad city. I also had Gnumbfist's(?) spirit poof on me. I never saw him.