Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2001, 12:02 PM   #1
Anansi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

This really tees me off! I play a serious gnome fighter illusionist rpg character, and they have turned the whole race into a set of comedy bloopers about turnips. AND gnomes don't get a romance! ! !

grumble -di- grumble

Am going to play an elf next time for sure. Or a halfling........
Old 12-11-2001, 12:04 PM   #2
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

Another sign of "racial-discrimination" ( [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) is that there is only one photo of a half-orc!
nad they can't have romances either
Sir ReGiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 12:09 PM   #3
andy the assasin
Manshoon

they disriminate against all short characters by not giving them romances. Although there are a lot of good dwarf portraits and not many good elf ones.
andy the assasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 03:34 PM   #4
Russ
Manshoon

You know, that reminds me of the time when Uncle Queasy (that's Mr. Quayle to you, short stuff) was bouncing around the planes sowing enough wild oats to grow enough bushels to buy a whole turnip factory and distillery in one and bumped into this beautiful vision of loveliness named Raelis... they really do wonders out in Sigil, you know, and Raelis was always very impressed with the way that Queasy could use (oh, are their ladies present? Excuse me!)
Old 12-11-2001, 03:48 PM   #5
Kingenigma
The Magister

Perhaps its just Jansen family that are obssessed with turnips?!
Old 12-11-2001, 04:58 PM   #6
Warby
Zhentarim Guard

My Evil Half-orc fighter was havin a romance with vicona until I started again cause I got into the underdark and the highest lvl any of my characters had reached was 13. Ooops. Lets just say I died alot and gave up in the end to start again as a Cleric of lathanda.

Warby
Warby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 05:22 PM   #7
Eldoran
Dungeon Master

But turnips are good! And what is wrong with a little comedy? It throws your enemies off, until you dump them off the dock with their feet encased in turnip cement!

Bwahahahaha!

But seriously, all of the game descriminates against gnomes/dwarves/halflings as the main character... It just sorta doesn't work... The mighty Ward of Gorion, slayers of all who oppose him/her is 3 feet tall? Hmmm...
Eldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 05:32 PM   #8
Mordenheim
Elminster

quote:
Originally posted by Russ:
You know, that reminds me of the time when Uncle Queasy (that's Mr. Quayle to you, short stuff) was bouncing around the planes sowing enough wild oats to grow enough bushels to buy a whole turnip factory and distillery in one and bumped into this beautiful vision of loveliness named Raelis... they really do wonders out in Sigil, you know, and Raelis was always very impressed with the way that Queasy could use (oh, are their ladies present? Excuse me!)

haha, seems legit [img]smile.gif[/img]
Mordenheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 06:31 PM   #9
Sir Michael
Manshoon

What...you're going to stereotype a whole race, just because of the way that the game portrays one guy? So what if he just happens to like turnips and tells a lot of irritating "funny" stories?

That would be like saying all humans (or all rangers) are as nutty as Minsc is...(of course Valygar is a direct counterpoint to that argument)
\"You see things; and you say \'Why?\' But I dream things that never were; and I say \'Why not?\'\"<br />-George Bernard Shaw<br /><br />\"Men take only their needs into consideration never their abilities.\"<br />-Napoleon Bonaparte
Sir Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 12:30 AM   #10
Jerhal
Dungeon Master

Maybe if you had one of Jan's special Turip brews you'd be singing a different tune.