Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2005, 12:20 PM   #1
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

I was wondering if there are any players out there of the following games, and where one would go if they still had fan-based sites out there to post ideas for them:

White Wolf's World Of Darkness series (any of them)
ShadowRun
Palladium's roleplaying system, especially Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
(that would also include their Robotech series and RIFTS)

I have also been trying to track down the "World Of Shadows" module someone typed up years ago, that allowed people to translate the ShadowRun rules and characters to the StoryTeller gaming system. I think I found my singular remaining copy I printed up years ago, and I have to type it all in by hand manually in order to properly save it. (I could scan it, now that I think about it...)
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 12:40 PM   #2
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

...umm...well, I play in Rifts and Ninjas and Superspies, but alas, not TMNT or Robotech...

We have played in Vampire: The Masquerade...but as the GM, I have to say that that system kinda sucks.

For books, Ebay is really the best bet! You'd be amazed at all the Palladium books you can find there!

EDIT: On second thought, regarding your question for roleplaying ideas...That would be a good idea for the roleplaying forum---that is, having a thread for campaign/storyline/session ideas. I think I'll go make one!

[ 02-17-2005, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: Ilander ]

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 09:47 PM   #3
Chewbacca
Zartan

I Love Shadowrun, but haven't played in a long while.
Old 02-17-2005, 10:57 PM   #4
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

I was playing Shadowrun on a Megadrive (Genesis) emulator only last week.

Cracking game [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Dace De'Briago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 02:51 AM   #5
spydar

RIFTS ROCKS!!!!!

I love Palladium, and would play RIFTS still if I had anyone to rp with.
Old 02-18-2005, 11:16 AM   #6
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

To be quite frank, I never could get into RIFTS, though I remember people bought that book to get the weapons and some of the character types into OTHER Palladium games they were running (namely Robotech or TMNT). One of the things I found though for Palladium is that if you were patient enough, you could technically transfer any other gaming system over to it and have it still make sense. *remembers reading through "The Old Ones" information book and actually being scared to see any of that show up in the games I was in.*

For ShadowRun:
making characters = easy as pie
running the game = harder than solid rock
I found the Storyteller series, for good or for ill, had a very simple system when it came to calculation, and the "World Of Shadows" conversion kit made everything from ShadowRun fit nicely into Storyteller. IF I get around to scanning all of it in, I'll have to call my service provider and ask them how I make webpages and such. That way I can post them up for everyone to take a look at.
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 05:21 PM   #7
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Well, Rifts makes the mechanism for that "porting" of characters plausible, as far as story-line goes. Recently a couple of Star Wars d20 characters got sucked in there, via an accidentally opened rift to the ruins of Old Chicago...and that kind of thing is very easy to handle.

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 01:16 PM   #8
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

i love beina,i love beina TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLE! whoooo! oh crap,did i say that out loud?

-al'Lan Mandragoran, Last Lord of the Seven Towers
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote