Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-11-2004, 10:25 PM   #61
Knightscape
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
quote:
Originally posted by Knightscape:
quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Knightscape:
[qb]
Quote:
[qb]

What can we use to guide us if not our morality and logic?
Quote:
I disagree.

I think we are no more extreme than anyone else deep down. We are all animals, but we have not tasted war and terror like some have. If we do, I fear we are just as animalistic as others.

We can not imagine what it is like. It is wrong to sit here and apply our morals and sensibility.

We can try and prevent things but to pass judgement makes us too aristocratic.
Quote:
Everytime you give your opinion you are basing it on your morals and sensibility.

You make judgements every time a new situation occurs. Just by saying that " to pass judgement makes us too aristocratic" you have made a judgement.
Quote:
So there are only 2 possibilities.

1) If i am right then no one should speak and we should all shut up and do what we have to do (which is cool [img]smile.gif[/img] )
To say nothing even if you believe something is wrong is to condone it.

Quote:
What is the point in analyzing something we did or something someone else did, when we know EXACTLY why they did it?
You know exactly why other people do things?

Quote:
2) If i am wrong, but you are saying passing judgement is not aristocratic and it is right. Which I think it's fine if you are bored and only entertain yourself.
So since your are passing judgement on this argument are you bored and only trying to entertain yourself?
I really hope you are not considering the nature of this thread.
Old 09-11-2004, 10:27 PM   #62
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

LOL I've been skimming through this thread, I think Hiero deserves my title of IW's smartass
Sorry mate, but have you been smoking something again? You're talking about such big issues and dismissing things people live and die for, as nothing. Not gonna make any friends that way.

Too many things said in this thread for me to get a good grip of them all in one quick skim-read, but the thing that struck me and just wanted to ask about is this: Hiero, don't you value anything in life? All your posts sound like they were written by someone with the emotion and humanity of a robot. You sound like you're lost, you've got no reference point for the value of things, therefore everything just floats in limbo for you? At least that's what it sounds like. Sorry seems I'm psycho analysing...but this is what has struck me most about this thread, not the actual topic. *shrugs* heh

[ 09-11-2004, 10:29 PM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 09-11-2004, 10:31 PM   #63
Knightscape
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
Sheesh, this thread would be funny as hell if the topic wasn't so serious and gutwrenchingly sad, go ahead boys, fight some more.
This topic is serious and gutwrenchingly sad. I have given my opinion on the subject just as you have.

Quote:
I just like to say, killing children can never be justified, what ever sympathy the chechens had from the world is surly gone now...
[ 09-11-2004, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: Knightscape ]
Old 09-11-2004, 10:36 PM   #64
Jorath Calar
Harper

Yeps and I admire the hell out of you for standing up for your opinion... even if I don't agree.
Old 09-12-2004, 12:32 AM   #65
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
LOL I've been skimming through this thread, I think Hiero deserves my title of IW's smartass
Sorry mate, but have you been smoking something again? You're talking about such big issues and dismissing things people live and die for, as nothing. Not gonna make any friends that way.

Too many things said in this thread for me to get a good grip of them all in one quick skim-read, but the thing that struck me and just wanted to ask about is this: Hiero, don't you value anything in life? All your posts sound like they were written by someone with the emotion and humanity of a robot. You sound like you're lost, you've got no reference point for the value of things, therefore everything just floats in limbo for you? At least that's what it sounds like. Sorry seems I'm psycho analysing...but this is what has struck me most about this thread, not the actual topic. *shrugs* heh
Heh heh. Good to see you again Vask [img]smile.gif[/img]
For the record, I never try to make friends. I speak my mind, that's all. Whether I offend or please others doesn't really concern me all that much.
And I'm not lost, in fact, the world has never made as much sense to me as it does now [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 09-12-2004, 01:34 AM: Message edited by: The Hierophant ]