Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-09-2004, 04:44 AM   #61
Aerich
Lord Ao

Yeah, the Britain ban goes on here also - seems pretty arbitrary to me. IMO, mad cow disease is vastly overrated as a threat - of course, I wouldn't want to get it from tainted blood, either. Our gov't is still paying out money to people who got Hep C from blood transfusions.

There's also a requirement that says you cannot donate if you've been in prison for more than 72 hours - that one always makes me laugh. So many of the questions are direct, but this one is oblique yet so totally obvious. Why don't they just ask, "have you ever been raped in prison?" Maybe that's too insensitive.
Old 09-09-2004, 05:17 AM   #62
Bristowe
Elminster

I'm a nurse, I can and have take peoples blood, no problem but I don't donate very often, only a couple of times, I just never really thought about ...
Old 09-10-2004, 02:36 AM   #63
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Aerich:
Yeah, the Britain ban goes on here also - seems pretty arbitrary to me. IMO, mad cow disease is vastly overrated as a threat - of course, I wouldn't want to get it from tainted blood, either. Our gov't is still paying out money to people who got Hep C from blood transfusions.

There's also a requirement that says you cannot donate if you've been in prison for more than 72 hours - that one always makes me laugh. So many of the questions are direct, but this one is oblique yet so totally obvious. Why don't they just ask, "have you ever been raped in prison?" Maybe that's too insensitive.
So they ban British blood in Canada too! Is it banned elswhere? anyone know?

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 09-10-2004, 07:39 AM   #64
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Yeah, I heard its banned everywhere except England [img]smile.gif[/img]
Its that damn mad cow desiese, its quite severe over there aparently..Anyone want to expand???
Old 09-10-2004, 09:19 PM   #65
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Oh, I don't think I'm underweight either [img]smile.gif[/img] , even though my BMI is 17.9 or so. I'm not skinny, just slender. So BMI is not all that accurate either, but I do think they use it when checking people up for blood donation. Weight alone says nothing...
BMI isn't that great an indicator. According to that I should be 9ft 6ins tall.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 09-10-2004, 09:24 PM   #66
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
Yeah, I heard its banned everywhere except England [img]smile.gif[/img]
Its that damn mad cow desiese, its quite severe over there aparently..Anyone want to expand???
What?? Even in Scotland????????

The only Mad Cow we've got is Thatcher!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show