Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2003, 03:46 PM   #21
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

It's getting too heated in this thread. I don't know if it should even be in GenCon, but it will be locked if people don't calm down.

All GenCon Mods have been receiving "report post" messages about this thread. Play nice or we're taking the playground away.
Old 10-30-2003, 04:30 AM   #22
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by cloud ff7 38:
quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
quote:
Originally posted by Spade:
Why do so many people assume that disliking Bush means hating America? I just don't get it. Last time I heard the right freedom of speech and freedom of opinion was still allowed in America. How can exercising these rights mean you hate America?
Simple, because accusing people of hating America if they disagree with its contemporary leadership is a grenade designed to get people's heckles up and get the discussion flying in all sorts of weird and violent directions

Also, as an individual, cloud ff7 38 has a history of being a bit of a troller
[/QUOTE]whoa hierophant what the hell i never even said anything to you so dont be so rude.
I guess being a troller means voicing your opinion no matter how harsh because that is what i do.
Most of the people round here have no balls so they just sit back and be nice when somthing they find offencive is posted well not me I at least say somthing unlike most people.
[/QUOTE]Cloud, first of all Hierie shouldn't have called you a troller - you're not, as far as I know. So chill out. [img]smile.gif[/img] But in the interest of clarifying (for you and everyone else here) one thing - you're welcome to respond to any post you like as long as you do so in a polite and respectful manner, even if you disagree with the post. If you are unable to do that then I'd appreciate it if you kept your mouth shut. [img]smile.gif[/img]

That said, I think we're all getting a bit sensitive about things. This was meant to be a joke for goodness sake - lighten up!!! Life's too short to get offended over everything.

Old 10-30-2003, 06:15 AM   #23
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Azimaith:
I wanna see Clintons too, anyone know where I could find it?
You have just proven Donut's 9th Law of Internet Forums.

"Any thread which denigrates the great George Bush Junior must include (within 10 posts of the original post) a derogatory comment concerning William Clinton."
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 10-30-2003, 06:36 AM   #24
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Spade:
quote:
Originally posted by cloud ff7 38:
Did you make this all yourself or get it from a site?
Either way its a good list to show how much you hate america. Give the guy a break.
Why do so many people assume that disliking Bush means hating America? I just don't get it. Last time I heard the right freedom of speech and freedom of opinion was still allowed in America. How can exercising these rights mean you hate America?

Poll about Bush
[/QUOTE]Because accusing a poster of being anti-american is the best way to deflect criticism of the Bush administration. (Donut's 5th Law of Internet Forums)

I don't think cloud ff7 38 is a troller. But remember, he has only just turned 15, so some of his comments are somewhat child like.

Being told by a 15 year old that you don't have balls is a bit rich though!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 10-30-2003, 06:47 AM   #25
Gnarf
Emerald Dragon

Where be them laws of yours? Guess I could just skip reading replies to posts if I knew all of'em [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2003, 06:51 AM   #26
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Naah, I would've praised him for his accurate statement if he was talking to me.

ANyway, that resume is too funny. Don't have that much against Bush as I have against his politics. Does that mean I hate America?
Old 10-30-2003, 07:37 AM   #27
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Even more so when you consider his occupation involves putting things in sacks. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2003, 09:18 AM   #28
cloud ff7 38
User suspended until [Nov26]

Hey im Proud to be a sack boy
And i would like to make a formal apoligy to all of you I was pissed about some school stuff and i have a tendancy to take things out on others
So I retract my statment may the balls of IW bring you much pleasure
Old 10-30-2003, 09:34 AM   #29
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Being a bag boy is a time honored teenage occupation. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2003, 09:48 AM   #30
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

It's no secret (or shouldn't be by now anyway) that I am a staunch conservative and supporter of Bush, Jr. I admit this "resume" raised my hackles a bit when I first saw it over in C.E., but then I just got a good chuckle out of it. Most of the stuff on there is either half-truths or twisted variations of actual events (or they just omit certain relevant facts).

For instance, the part about Bush trading Sammy Sosa from the Rangers. Sure it looks like a foolish move now, but what many people don't realize is that Sammy was NOT a disciplined or productive hitter for the first several years of his baseball career. In fact, he was considered an easy strike-out by most opposing teams until just a couple of years before he and McGwire competed for the home run title. It was the batting coach for the Cubs that finally got Sosa to be more disciplined and less of a "free swinger". So trading him several years before that probably seemed like a good move at the time.

Also - as for the recurring AWOL accusations - I looked up a link to that incident over a year ago when it first appeared on the forums. The fact is that Bush was never AWOL!!!! Sorry, I know it's fun to accuse him of it, but the whole incident centered around the paperwork not being processed and forwarded to the appropriate military supervisors. Once all the paperwork was collected together, his whereabout could be accounted for during the entire "absence".

That's just a couple of examples of the nitpicks I have with the resume'...still, it IS done in good fun and should be taken as such. Like I said, as much as I support Bush, I got a chuckle or two out of some of the things on here.

So let's lighten up and just have fun with it.