Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2003, 09:45 AM   #21
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Masklinn:
Fox and especially the retarded O'Reilly just made the US-France lil' "problem" way worse. By their lies, the (too many) (not so bright) people that watched Fox became a tad more hateful towards France and French people. I can't forgive them for that. That was just so unnecessary.

He just said what a lot of Americans feel. Believe me, I have heard worse.
Old 06-24-2003, 10:07 AM   #22
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Good article Pritchke - it backs up many of the points I had been making about FOX bias back in the days of the war forum. There is pretty broad agreement from most parties on the stretching of the truth in the stories that FOX has been concocting. Sadly this message will not penetrate all corners of the market - FOX has its committed viewers who will remain glued to the station. Cheque-book Rupert may not be giving them the truth, but he is giving them what they want to hear. You don't get to own that sort of fortune and assets without knowing how to keep the customer happy, and knowing how to sell snake-oil [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Old 06-24-2003, 10:07 AM   #23
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Masklinn:
[QB] Fox and especially the retarded O'Reilly just made the US-France lil' "problem" way worse. By their lies, the (too many) (not so bright) people that watched Fox became a tad more hateful towards France and French people. I can't forgive them for that. That was just so unnecessary.
Well on the plus side Masklinn, when I take my vacation to France I'll be less likely to run into ugly american tourists, as they will all be staying home and cursing the French [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2003, 10:49 AM   #24
Masklinn

Quote:
Well on the plus side Masklinn, when I take my vacation to France I'll be less likely to run into ugly american tourists, as they will all be staying home and cursing the French.
Lol [img]smile.gif[/img]
You wish !

We're in June only and there are tons and tons of american toursits already in the street of Paris.

For me, american tourists are really a huge part of the Paris background if you see what I mean. I've always seen them there and I will always expect to see them there. They're really a part of Paris. And I like it like that. It makes Paris what it is : a place crowded by people from everywhere around the world, be they tourists or from immigration. Really interresting. [img]smile.gif[/img]

God, I love my city, I really do

(It does cheer me up by the way to still see americans all over. Just a proof that most of them still don't hate us that much.)
Old 06-24-2003, 10:49 AM   #25
Mr. Mopery
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
He just said what a lot of Americans feel. Believe me, I have heard worse.
Not pickin' on you Attalus, just that you hit on something I wanted to say.

It seems like Americans "feel" a lot more than we think. Why do so many people pointlessly b$%#^ about the French? Is it because the French "opposed democracy", God forbid???? Or maybe because they opposed the U.S.'s plans, an outrageous move when everybody knows that America is top dog.

I've b*^%$ed about the French before. But then, I had to share a Teepee with an alcoholic, ADD-ofied Frankofreak and his friends for a month (don't ask) so I have some real fuel for the fire. And I only b#%&^ about THOSE people, not the whole country.

Anyway, as I was saying, I think we feel more than we think and are thus twice as likely to listen to Fox News' ultra-crap and think, "Hey, what that guy said is exactly how I feel!"

And maybe why people can get all boisterous and happy when they think about the president's photo-op.
Old 06-24-2003, 11:56 PM   #26
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:
It is a triumph of militaristic propaganda.

Oh yeah... Fox news tell the truth? Fox destroys the truth every time they claim to be "fair and balanced".

IMO Both Bush & Co. and Fox News practice elitist self-agrandizing.
Right on brother [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Aw, Davros, I hope my revelation that I actually watch Fox ocassionally doesnt ruin your image of me. [img]smile.gif[/img] I promise I wont vote for Bush or anything like that.

Really the fact that I do sit and watch every few days only lends strength to my opinionated opinions so it's all good.