Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 02-27-2002, 04:09 PM   #1
OmniSofoS
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi,

The walkthroughs are all telling the same: Go to underground tomb, go defeat spiders (cave), walk N and you find a mage and a golem that Alan sent (who's Alan??)... How do I open that magical sealed door and find the 4 bosses ?
And how do I use the stakes ?

thanks
OmniSofoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 04:13 PM   #2
enigma
The Magister

Location: Infinite Sea of Code Red, Canada every other weekend
That may be a typo. The golem and mage are sent by Aran Linvail, the leader of the shadow thieves, if you work for him.The door can only be opened by the golem. The stakes can be used on a vampire's coffin after you kill it. The stakes will kill it permanantely, all you do is click it if you have one in your inventory.
Old 02-27-2002, 05:45 PM   #3
Ares

Something else to help us know is if you playing good or evil, in other words, did you go with Shadow Thieves or Bodhi?
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 05:55 PM   #4
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Ok, first of all, are you working for the Shadow thieves or Bodhi?

Did you pay a guy like 30000$ to get some help? If so, then you are working for the Shadow Thieves. You will be given a key and asked to go talk to Aran Linvail in the Dock district.
You talk to him, and he ask you to do some missions. The first is to protect some cargo down at the dock. The second is to go to a meeting with some of bodhi's thief. The third is to destroy Bodhi's guild.

When you get that mission, if you go next to the locked door down in the graveyard district, you will see the mage and golem.

If you are working for Bodhi instead, this won't happen. Tell me if you are and I will give you more info.

[ 02-27-2002: Message edited by: Luvian ]

Old 02-28-2002, 08:27 AM   #5
Sir Byronas
Mephistopheles

how do I use the stakes ?
You can use stakes at the vampire's coffins. In that way, you kill the vampires permanantely.