Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2004, 04:05 PM   #11
philip
Galvatron

I think it might be a remix then as it sounds a lot like the happy popular trance now. But of course I don't know much about it
Old 03-14-2004, 04:08 PM   #12
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

"Insomnia" ain't trace, at least last time I checked.
Old 03-14-2004, 04:16 PM   #13
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by philip:
I think it might be a remix then as it sounds a lot like the happy popular trance now. But of course I don't know much about it
RMB's "original" was from 1996, and the German rave-scene was just a userfriendlier, less juvenile and less extreme equivalent of the then very popular happy hardcore-scene... But trance is a wholly different thing altogether.

[ 03-14-2004, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Old 03-14-2004, 04:54 PM   #14
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Anyone who has ever been to an open air festival like VooV, Antaris, Psychedelic Circus or SPirit Zone knows what trance is and would never EVER consider getting something from Dj Jean, Tiesto or what not, for that is commercial pop-music with a fast pace.
Dont mean to upset anyone or provocate anrgy replies, but really, everything you hear on TV or radio or see on CD lying in a music store is NOT trance. Mostly garbage.
Old 03-14-2004, 05:55 PM   #15
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Zuvio:

Anyone who has ever been to an open air festival like VooV, Antaris, Psychedelic Circus or SPirit Zone knows what trance is and would never EVER consider getting something from Dj Jean, Tiesto or what not, for that is commercial pop-music with a fast pace.
Dont mean to upset anyone or provocate anrgy replies, but really, everything you hear on TV or radio or see on CD lying in a music store is NOT trance. Mostly garbage.
Tiesto has been named the world's best Deejay for the third year in a row, so what you think of as crap, is not everyone's opinion. Besides, if there's a Rave, ANYWHERE in the world, and they advertise with Tiesto as being one of the Deejays, you can rest asure the place is crowded.

Wouldn't you turn your work into profit if you had the opportunity ? Tiesto has been around a lot longer than you probably know him, making only nickles and dimes, now it costs a party organisation thousands of €'s to hire him. Would you NOT turn commercial ?
Old 03-14-2004, 06:51 PM   #16
Epona
Zartan

Oh blimey, I knew when someone mentioned trance it would end up in a disagreement about which tracks belong in which genres!

Tis always the way whatever type of music you're into. I don't claim to know a lot about 'dance' music (if you're off your nut it all goes a bit over your head anyway! Give me some dub reggae - Jah Selecter!!!! Drop the bass.... ) but always these discussions end in tears!!!!

Quite interested in following this thread anyway, I hear all sorts of stuff when I'm out at raves and stuff and never know what the heck it is [img]redface.gif[/img] but I'll dance to anything after a certain point [img]redface.gif[/img]
Old 03-15-2004, 06:12 PM   #17
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Johnny, I dont blame Tiesto for what he did, hell, offcourse I would do the same thing! And yeah, hes great, i went to his concert, awesome. But my point was merely about the category into which his music falls. And thats not trance, no way. Popular fast paced music with a beat. And I like what he plays live, i really dont like his productions. Seriously, check out VooV and dont let the hippy space talk scare yah. First time i went there i was shocked. Shocked to find out how dillusional i was thinking that the NL 'trance/dance' scene was the best there and that no music could top it. Heh, just check out the sound system they use for VooV music, awesome!
Old 03-16-2004, 12:42 AM   #18
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
quote:
Originally posted by uss:
Faithless - Insomnia
Da Hool - Meet Her at the Love Parade
Benny Benassi - Satisfaction
New Order - Confusion
You've got a very strange definition of trance music, especially New Order does *not* belong in that list - it's actually one of their eighties hitsingles. Or are you referring to some sort of remix?

Referring to Faithless as "trance" is practically an insult ( ), Da Hool's song is a well known mid 90s rave-anthem, and whatever Benny Benassi is, it ain't trance.
[/QUOTE]Woa there! I had no idea that they're all from different genres! I guess this is all like Black Metal/Death Metal/Goth Metal/? to me.

The New Order song is a remix, I believe. Or is it something else entirely, since I saw some completely different band also called New Order.

Well, if none of these are trance, what genres are they? And what is trance?
Old 03-16-2004, 04:03 AM   #19
Link
Jack Burton

The song he's probably talking about is a remix of New Order's Confusion. But I think you're really talking about Public Domain - Operation Blade (Base to the Place London).
Old 03-16-2004, 07:39 AM   #20
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
The song he's probably talking about is a remix of New Order's Confusion. But I think you're really talking about Public Domain - Operation Blade (Base to the Place London).
Ah, I downloaded Public Domain - Operation Blade. When I first heard it, it seemed like a pathetic reattempt of Confusion. Go to KaZaA or someother, get a song with that name and 'Blade Soundtrack' written behind it, and you'll see what I'm talking about