Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2002, 02:43 AM   #1
Deathbringer

ah.... I'm back. I disapeared for a while because my little cousin used my computer for a school project. He went on various sites and ended up downloading a .zip that contained information for this project. Anyway the nasty little .zip also contained a rather horrible virus! - can't remember what it was called, got it written down somewhere. Anyway, my little cousin noticed strange things happening to my computer but never told me. One morning I go to turn on my computer and this virus has eaten up nearly everything on my harddrive, including my operating system. - Annoyed I was. To put the icing on the cake, this virus also wouldn't let my reformat my hd! I talked to my select computer-biulder friends, and they told me I needed a new flipping hard drive!
One of my friends ordered me a new hd, but when we put it in my pc, it wouldn't work. We tried it in another pc and it still didn't work. The new hd was falty! I still don't have a new hd. I'm using a friends comp at the moment. All because of the internet.

Note - I do keep my virus scanner up-to-date on a daily basis.

[ 07-16-2002, 02:44 AM: Message edited by: Deathbringer ]

Old 07-16-2002, 02:48 AM   #2
flibulzbuth
Drow Warrior

Use a bootdisk and fdisk your HD, then format it. There's no way a virus can stop a fdisk.
My maxtor 20 gig HD came with it's own fdisk utility, MS-DOS/windows not being good at "fdisking" large drives.
Old 07-16-2002, 02:49 AM   #3
Deathbringer

Quote:
Originally posted by flibulzbuth:
Use a bootdisk and fdisk your HD, then format it. There's no way a virus can stop a fdisk.
My maxtor 20 gig HD came with it's own fdisk utility, MS-DOS/windows not being good at "fdisking" large drives.
ah! Why didn't I think of that... thanks!