Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2002, 10:19 PM   #21
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

i just joined and im building a groud control, and mines and probes, and i submitted a req to the ironworks coalition. this looks really complicated but pretty fun. we shall see Ill probably be addicted in a week
Old 01-31-2002, 11:04 PM   #22
safyre246
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ROFLOL, when I read EQ in the message name, I thought you meant Everquest. I had to laugh cause that game is horrid. hehehe
Old 01-31-2002, 11:06 PM   #23
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
quote:
Originally posted by AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe:
i just joined and im building a groud control, and mines and probes, and i submitted a req to the ironworks coalition. this looks really complicated but pretty fun. we shall see Ill probably be addicted in a week

Hi Azrael [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] . Looks like you're on the right track. It's not too complicated and don't be shy about asking for help if you need it [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2002, 12:38 PM   #24
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

ok lets pretend i know next to nothing about computers, (well actually we dont need to pretend for that) anyways how do i set up that IRC thingy? i mean i read the instructions they gave me and i downloaded it but Im just lost can someone help me?
Old 02-01-2002, 01:00 PM   #25
Bokken
Baaz Draconian

quote:
Originally posted by AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe:
ok lets pretend i know next to nothing about computers, (well actually we dont need to pretend for that) anyways how do i set up that IRC thingy? i mean i read the instructions they gave me and i downloaded it but Im just lost can someone help me?

There's a link in EQ just under the Alliance News link that will show you exactly how to do it. If you're still having problems with it email me in EQ and I will give you exact instructions for it.
I also posted the link to the EQ IRC setup page below. Once you're in just type /j IW and you're in [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.empirequest.com/irc/guide.html
Old 02-01-2002, 02:18 PM   #26
Galadria1
Zhentarim Guard

Oh, I get it. It's Like Civilization! You build your infrastructure, then your defenses, then your military, and THEN you strike out and colonize. Is that it? What order do you do things in? I've already got 50+ mines and 48 probes, 5 Scavengers, and my Control Center biult, and I'm working on a Defence Command.

[ 02-01-2002: Message edited by: Galadria1 ]

Lady Galadria, a proud Cavalier of Keldorn\'s Order; Oh So Simple Marshmallow Woman of the ORT. Member, HADB<br /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" -Saki<br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 02-01-2002, 05:26 PM   #27
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
quote:
Originally posted by Galadria1:
Oh, I get it. It's Like Civilization! You build your infrastructure, then your defenses, then your military, and THEN you strike out and colonize. Is that it? What order do you do things in? I've already got 50+ mines and 48 probes, 5 Scavengers, and my Control Center biult, and I'm working on a Defence Command.

Well I found it helpful to get some colonies quickly so I could get more resources. Defences cost a lot. As long as you try to get colonies in galaxies where other IW members are you shouldn't need to worry too much about defending them straight away, so you can have infrastructure and defences and military on the go all at once since you have a lot more resources coming in from your colonies. That's how I do it anyway
Old 02-01-2002, 06:42 PM   #28
Victor von Steiner
Silver Dragon

I am just waiting to come out of protection. I have 40 ticks to go. I already have the following.

Assault Fighter 350
Chameleon 400
Fighter 1,200
Salvager 20
Troop Transport 50
Total 2,020

Shield Generator - 180

Mines 48 and Probes 47
Old 02-01-2002, 07:02 PM   #29
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

I am just joining up now, looks cool. [img]smile.gif[/img]
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 02-01-2002, 07:44 PM   #30
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:

Well I found it helpful to get some colonies quickly so I could get more resources. Defences cost a lot. As long as you try to get colonies in galaxies where other IW members are you shouldn't need to worry too much about defending them straight away, so you can have infrastructure and defences and military on the go all at once since you have a lot more resources coming in from your colonies. That's how I do it anyway

Er, Aelia, how do yoou get colonies? And Victor, how did you get so many ships, so fast?
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society