Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-18-2001, 09:19 PM   #1
Sherpa Doug
Dungeon Master

After a mighty battle I defeated Kangaxx (all forms), but he Imprisoned three party members. I used my trusty Freedom scroll but only two came back! Edwin did not come back and I checked the battle text and it was Imprisonment that got him. Also Jan after being freed does not want to rejoin the party "Jan has nothing to say to you."
Did I do something wrong? Is Freedom limited in how many it can free at one time? I suppose I have to reload and fight Kangaxx again

I just installed Throne of Bhall before the battle if that makes a difference.
------------------
I'm confused. Please explain to me again how peace and forgiveness will help me to crush my enemies and make them suffer.

Sherpa Doug

[This message has been edited by Sherpa Doug (edited 07-18-2001).]
Old 07-18-2001, 09:53 PM   #2
Ace Flashheart
Manshoon

SPOILER WARNING
ACE FLASHHEART'S *DEFINITIVE* GUIDE TO WHUPPING KANGAXX WITHOUT LOSING A SINGLE PARTY MEMBER!!!

you will need:

A mage who can cast lvl 5 spells

A single um... the one that protects you from a certain spell type (It'll come to me) memorised in said mages mind

A theif who is good at traps (and maybe pickpocketing)

Lots of +4 weapons and people who can use them (the *base* thac0 must be +4)

Plenty of preist spells like (for example) Chant that boost combat bonuses.

O.k. are you ready???

*Yes Ace were ready*

STEP 1) Obtain the 2 peices of Kangaxx and take them to his tomb

STEP 2) Place as many theif traps as you have around the base of his coffin where he appears in order to kill his first form as quickly as possible (you may want to try a backstab as well. It's vital that you kill this form as quickly as possible.

STEP 3) Position anyone who is not A) your mage B)a +4 weapon holder C)your theif (optional) as far away as possible from where Kangaxx will appear.

STEP 4) After hasting/boosting your +4 ppl open the casket, give Kangaxx his stuff and prepare to battle. *Optional* you can if you wish pickpocket another ring of Gaxx from Kangaxx if you use your theif to pickpocket the second he appears just before he speaks (Memnoch is going to kill me).

STEP 5) KILL KANGAXX NO.1 AS FAST AS POSSIBLE

STEP 6) as soon as he dies have your mage cast protection from abjuration on him/herself and manuver them to be the closest character to kangaxx (though still a good distance away) .

STEP 7) Kangaxx will appear and tell you that your all going to die (which you may happen on your first try), he will immidiately use demi-lich howl (auto-kill to all those near him) after he uses it he will start using Entrapment spells that *should* fizzle on your mages barrier.

STEP 8) Hit Kangaxx with as many +4 weapons as you have (always keep you mage closest, you may need to move them so that he/her is touching Kangaxx) untill he is dead, if he starts to cast demi-lich howl runs your guys away and as soon as it is over move them in again (always mage first). You'l have about 30secs to pull this off but your reward is a ring of Gaxx (or two depending on how you decided to play).

Good luck!!!

Sherpa if you follow this info Kangaxx shouls be a cakewalk and you won't have to worry about game bugs when your guys get trapped.
Old 07-18-2001, 10:57 PM   #3
The Black Panda
Elite Waterdeep Guard

whoa...thats a lot of stuff
I just recently fought (and kicked major ass) against kangaxx. The first form isn't that hard and i just fought head to head with him with my kensai warrior, occasionally having the party jump out of his prison to rest up and save. the first form probably isn't the problem though...

the demilich form is damn hard. What i did though should work pretty fine. Right after your party kills 1st form, wait like 2 seconds for the demilich to appear and say his stuff....then HIGH TAIL it back out for rest. Then I had a mage cast the spell "spell imunity" and chose the abjuration class. This will make the mage immune to *ALL* the imprisonment spells the guy has to offer. I then sent in my party back in, with the magician closest to the demilich when the arrive (for this to happen, try tweaking your party order so that he's closest). Kangaxx will spew his spells endlessly to no avail while some +4 guy whacks him to oblivion! btw, make sure you guys back out, rest, and do it again when kangaxx reads "injured" because the damage against the guy only is +2 or +3 each round and the spell can wear off.

As for not rejoining your party after a freedom spell...well, who wouldn't be pissed off spending some time down under in a lil cage? haha
Old 07-18-2001, 11:12 PM   #4
Ace Flashheart
Manshoon

THATS WHAT I JUST SAID!!!

Yes you said it in a far less complex and noticably more conciced way but still... I feel so cheated, I've been *used*!?

Sorry
Old 07-19-2001, 04:45 PM   #5
Robin, Thief of Hearts
The Magister

LOL

Ace, relax! He's using your advice, isn't he? ( It's good advice, really it is. Exactly what I did.)
Old 07-19-2001, 05:25 PM   #6
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

There is a much simpler way. Kill Kangaxx no.1 any way you like (Ring of the Ram works nicely). Then switch to your Slayer form and utterly destroy Demi-Lich Kangaxx - you have immunity to imprisonment. You must do it fast enough to not die from the switch though... Anyway, all this costs you is 2 reputation points (big deal), and saves a WHOLE lot of frustration.
Old 07-19-2001, 05:53 PM   #7
jabidas
Silver Dragon

I love posting this I really do, its from baldurdash and again from the top.
With heartfelt apologies to Paul Simon.

(Sung approximately to the tune of "Fifty Ways To Leave Your Lover," but with some liberties taken with the phrasing)

In old Athkatla in a house down by the dock
Lies an undead necromancer with a death trap on his lock.
If you should meet him you'll be soon deep down in rock
Sent by the Demi-Lich that they call Kangaxx.

If you're a brave one and your weapons are +4
And you've found the golden remains from the other tombs before:
With luck and skill you won't end up at Toril's core.
There must be fifty ways to kill your Kangaxx...
...Fifty ways to kill your Kangaxx.

So don't forget to pocket pick, Rick,
When he's just a plain lich, Mitch,
You'll get two Rings of Gaxx, Max,
Wear cumulatively.

You'll just get one to start, Bart.
And when the first lich is slain, Jane
He'll go to Demi-Lich state, Nate:
Act immediately.

Read your Protection from Magic, Vajic,
Or all read Scrolls of Undead, Fred,
But not until he's gone Demi, Remi,
Or he won't talk to thee.

Summon up a Wizard Eye, Guy;
Kangaxx can't imprison that, Matt.
Cast yourself a Spell Immune, June,
Abjuration's the key.

What sort of weapons does it take to fell this foe
Who's survived without a challenge since centuries ago?
Are they expensive and where do you have to go...
...To get rid of Kangaxx?

Some tools are pricey; perhaps you have no cash to spare
And you can't shoplift from Ribald as the Amnish Guard is there.
With all your abilities it doesn't seem unfair
To have a cheaper way of killing Kangaxx...
...Cheaper way of killing Kangaxx...

Wield the Improved Disrupting Mace, Grace,
Or the Sling of Everard, Gerrard,
You could use the Staff Of Rynn, Lynn,
Better than +3.

Knock him down with Crom Faeyr, Blair,
Or the Magi's Stave, Dave,
Could try the Withering Spear, Keir,
To kill him expensively.

But, the Carsomyr sword, Gord,
Soulreaver from the Demon Knight, Dwight,
Cutthroat from the tomb of Bodhi, Cody:
Can be had for free.

So make all the snares you can, Dan,
And every Fire Elemental, Yentl.
Get Hasted and Berserk, Kirk,
For 55K X.P.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------
Old 07-19-2001, 07:28 PM   #8
deathknight
Drow Warrior

actually the perfect thing for your mages to be doing while the melee guys with the +4 or better weapons are pounding in melee is to cast melf's minute meteors. those count as a +5 weapon and work quite nicely. This way you don't need to worry about magic resistance and saving throws. it helps to boost their THAC0 I think but with 5 shots a round from multiple mages some are going through. 2 or 3 mages and that adds alot of dmg in there.