Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-15-2001, 01:22 PM   #1
Vampire

Does anyone know the full description of global variables?
You know with shadow keeper it has for example:
"KangaxxQuest=1" meaning you've finished it.
There is a whole list.
The one's I am interested in are:
1/Aerie's romance....wish I didn't sleep with her
2/Jaheira and Harpers...need Dermin's 2nd visit
3/Fighter stronghold....need to get beyond the Tempus Priest thing.
Old 06-15-2001, 01:55 PM   #2
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

I'm not entirely sure exactly what you want. The Aerie romance variables you now have and that should therefore sort out your Aerie romance problem.

Jaheira/Harpers. What's up here, what are you trying to achieve?

Fighter Stronghold = Nalia's Keep. What are you trying to achieve with the Tempus priest thing? (I don't recall that as a fighter s/h quest.)

If you can be more specific then maybe I can help.

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 06-15-2001, 01:59 PM   #3
masteraleph
Elminster

I think what he's asking for are:
1)Aerie Romance: Global variable for it being active + the lovetalk variable for when she offers to sleep with you.
2)The variables (lovetalk and I think there's another one) for Dermin's second visit.
3)Whatever variable is needed to get past that point in the Fighter Stronghold quest.

I don't actually know any of them off the top of my head, does anyone know them?
Old 06-15-2001, 02:16 PM   #4
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

OK, the priest bit is fairly straightforward I think. i'm guessing that you didn't allow the priest to stay in Nalias Keep but have now changed your mind. (Keeping him awards 15000+ XP as opposed to 11000 XP for dumping him btw.)

Dermin I need my memory jogged on. What did he/you do/say? What is it that you want to change regarding him, Jaheira and the Harpers?

------------------
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 06-16-2001, 08:44 AM   #5
Vampire

Sorry I am not specific.
1/ Aerie Variable just been given. THANKS!
Although the Five Flagons Inn and the Quayle Variable are different.
You see I slept with Aerie now regreting it as I fear she will leave me in ToB.
But I have done all the other quests. So I just want the Aerie bit the same.
I was given the global Variables by someone in another thread...thanks agian.
However...most of it under romance is the same...but these are different:
AerieQuayle
AerieRaelis
not sure why!
My Romance was Active = 2....same as given so I might stay on sleeping with Aerie.
After all as long as it doesn't ruin the relationship in ToB...then tha't okay...after all it is individual role playing...thanks!

2/ Jaheira....Dermin visited me once..just to say hi to Jaheira. But I need to initiate the 2nd and final visit.
3/ I have allowed the Tempus Priest to stay but what I need is to intiate the next quest on marriage of a girl...or something.
Old 06-16-2001, 09:37 AM   #6
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

Hi Avatar,

ok, the Aerie variables are her interractions with others. ie. AERIEQUAYLE = two names in one - Aerie & Quayle. The same applies to AERIERAELIS = Aerie & Raelis. The figure 1 represents an interraction/meeting as far as I can tell.

Personally, after reading your post I think you're worrying over nothing concerning Aerie and the others.

Leave the variables alone completely and have them as they originally were before i posted you the AERIE set. Your romance is still active and you have nothing to worry about there. The marriage at the keep is time related, not variable related. The same applies for the Jaheira visits. i dont know if you've finished the game or not, if not then just sleep more often. Dont forget that you need to sleep 3 times to cover 24 hours or 1 day. How many game days have elapsed in your game btw? Let me know and i will check when the interractions you mention Dermin/marriage actually take place.

Hope it helps dude.

------------------
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 06-16-2001, 10:59 AM   #7
masteraleph
Elminster

Not positive on those to Aerie variables, but I have a couple of guesses...remember, if you have Aerie in your party, Quayle will call her and send you in Raelis Shai (the bard lady)'s direction for the Haer'daelis quest. My guess is that AerieQuayle is when he gets transformed back at the end of the circus quest and AerieRaelis is when you've gotten the Haer'daelis quest or something along those lines.
Old 06-18-2001, 06:43 AM   #8
Vampire

I ahve finished the game 7 times!
This is the first time I picked up Aerie.
I don't wanna play agian.
I did the Five Flagons's quest as soon as I got it and
I just regret sleeping with Aerie.
I won't change anything as long as the romance will end the same way as it would have done without sleeping with Aerie.
Does sleeping with Aerie affect the Quayle variables?