Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-02-2001, 05:15 PM   #1
jc0321

how come when i start new game i dont have any of my items i had when i exported and then reimported him!!

Old 06-02-2001, 05:18 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by jc0321:
how come when i start new game i dont have any of my items i had when i exported and then reimported him!!
That's how the game is suppose to be....it won't be realistic if Jon locked you up while you have ALL your equipments.

But if you insist on keeping your items, when the game start (ie. while the screen is black, you pause the game IN THE VERY BEGINNING), from there you can access your inventory screen and drop any item that you want onto the ground. Unpause the game and Jon will walk in and do his opening speech.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 06-02-2001, 05:19 PM   #3
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Its because the programmers decided it would be MUCH fairer if you started with nothing. Everybody always has zilch to begin with, sorry.

------------------
Old 06-02-2001, 05:23 PM   #4
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord:
That's how the game is suppose to be....it won't be realistic if Jon locked you up while you have ALL your equipments.

But if you insist on keeping your items, when the game start (ie. while the screen is black, you pause the game IN THE VERY BEGINNING), from there you can access your inventory screen and drop any item that you want onto the ground. Unpause the game and Jon will walk in and do his opening speech.

------------------------------------------------
Does that work with bg1 items as well?

Old 06-02-2001, 05:25 PM   #5
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
Quote:
Originally posted by Accord:

Yes it does, but BG1 items are considerably less powerful compared with BG2. This of course will only work if you have not over-written your BG1 character in BG2 already.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 06-02-2001, 10:20 PM   #6
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

well, if you really want ur equipment (as im sure we all do just to get out of that place ASAP), just hit the I button before u hear ur person scream, then drop all his equipment.
Old 06-02-2001, 11:45 PM   #7
EdMan218
Elite Waterdeep Guard

no need for any of that.
jus start a game, watch the intro, then after, go to character modification, delete ur character, and import him again(this might only work in muliplayer)
4some reason, ur guy loses all containers(scroll cases, gem bags, etc) but has all the other crap that was on em.