Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2004, 07:33 AM   #11
AC/DC
Elite Waterdeep Guard

does hacking do anything to your computor or is it safe? can you get any items you desire or do u need them before u hack
Old 10-11-2004, 07:56 AM   #12
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by AC/DC:
does hacking do anything to your computor or is it safe? can you get any items you desire or do u need them before u hack
As safe as candy, AC/DC; at worst a corrupted save file (You did back that up, right? )

You can hack any item, though you'll need its code -- check out Wyvern's Emporium of Lost and Unobtainable ITEMS
aleph_null1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 08:38 AM   #13
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

This sort of "hacking" is completely safe if you make a backup of your save file before attempting to hack a particular item. It won't affect your computer - only your game file. The worst that can happen is that you will incorrectly do the item hack and you either won't have the item or that save file won't work and you'll need to restore your game with the backup (saved to a different directory).

It is necessary to have to have the correct code for the item needed. I collected the codes for a number of important items but certainly not all. The mask is one I did collect being one of those items that can sometimes disappear and having such importance to the game.

I've successfully hacked many items. I figured out how to do this when, in my first game, I was unable to find all the glowstones necessary in Collasium - a rare bug which can be corrected by other means than hacking.

I believe the code I saved for the mask is after it has been enchanted with the 5 evil elements.

This is a basic substitution hack - replacing some junk item in your inventory for the item you need. I've hacked all sorts of items so I know that it works well. If you haven't done this sort of thing before the instructions may seem a bit strange but it's actually fairly easy.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 09:06 AM   #14
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I wanted to add one thing back in... if you're trying to find out where you might have dropped the mask, be sure to cast the Spirit Eye spell. That will highlight all dropped objects on the map, and will reduce the amount of time you have to spend searching.

Otherwise, good luck in the game-hacking department [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 09:51 AM   #15
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

The other option would be to restore your game to a previous save wherein you still had the mask. Depending on how often you save and if you save in multiple slots - that may be just a small way back or quite a long way back. I personally have found replaying stretches of the game to be worthwhile.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 09:59 AM   #16
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
I wanted to add one thing back in... if you're trying to find out where you might have dropped the mask, be sure to cast the Spirit Eye spell. That will highlight all dropped objects on the map, and will reduce the amount of time you have to spend searching.

Otherwise, good luck in the game-hacking department [img]smile.gif[/img]
That will also highlight monsters as well though. So just look for the red dots that aren't moving

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 10:11 AM   #17
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Good point, Lord. In my game, monsters are red dots, and treasure (like lost masks) are white dots.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 11:37 AM   #18
So So
Zhentarim Guard

Also... some white dots just appear... and you can never find what they are refering to... I have had that happen to me so many times... the maps says there is treasure there... but there is nothing on the ground, air, um... yea...