Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-01-2000, 12:20 AM   #1
Larr2

I just cast an imprisonment spell....(hehehehe)

Old 11-01-2000, 08:45 AM   #2
Krille

How is the best way killing Firkraag???? i have got Aerie, Nalia, Keldorn, Shogun (Main character- Fighter), Jaheira and Minsc! Any help would be great!

Old 11-01-2000, 11:42 AM   #3
Glorick the Half-Orc

I waited till chap 6 to take on the dragons. I used 1 fighter loaded up on protections and speed to take out each dragon.

Old 11-01-2000, 01:40 PM   #4
Glorick the Half-Orc

Then u don't get the treasure, ack!

Old 11-01-2000, 02:28 PM   #5
Sir Rich

The way I did it, which was very quick and easy, took all of 5 seconds to kill him....

I had 3 mages (Aerie, Nalia, Imoen) stand behind Firkraag, each armed with spell sequencers with 3 lightning bolts charged up in each of them, and put my other 3 guys in front and on his sides. This way, when he does that stupid wing flap attack (which knocks your guys across the room) He'd only get one or two of my guys. I walked into his room, told him that I was going to kill him. As soon as the fight started (I have my game pause when an enemy is in sight), I had my mages unload their sequencers into Firkraag (who has hardly any lightning resistance), and the combined might of the bolts and the 3 warriors hacking on him, Firkraag went down and only hurt one of my guys (he knocked 1 guy across the room. I managed to almost kill Minsc due to the fact that he was standing in the path of one of the sets of lightning bolts as it exited Firkraag (ripped him up pretty bad, but he lived). The bolts didn't even bounce off the walls (maybe they went out the exit).

Old 11-01-2000, 02:34 PM   #6
ashketchem

I have lots of guys with bows so i just summoned alot of powerful monsters and had them attack firkraag then used acid arrows with as many people as i could. acid arrows seem to do alot of damage to dragons

Old 11-01-2000, 03:25 PM   #7
rlemmon

I found an easy way to kill all dragons. Cloudkill is the universal deadly spell in this game. Just have all your mages learn this spell as many times as they can. The trick is to cast this spell in the area of the dragon without seeing it or it seeing you. You can use wizard eye to figure out where the dragon is or an invisible/sneaking character to explore ahead. Have all your mages cast as many of this spell as they can at the same time in the area that would hit the dragon. This is very effective and the dragon will die without even messing up Aerie's hair. It also works well against those blasted mind flayers.

Old 11-01-2000, 04:39 PM   #8
Armisael

Hah! Dragons are overrated. Beastly slow things, most of them. Except that Firkraag fellow, I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot sword. If you really want to take him on, however, I'd reccomend cheating. If you don't have a magic-user with cloudkill handy, you can always pretend you're talking to him and then bash him around, and repeat. Not the brightest of creatures, despite what he'd have you believe.

Old 11-01-2000, 05:08 PM   #9
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

THE EASIEST WAY TO KILL THE BEAST IS TO TALK TO IT..... THEN IT DONT ATTACK

SO SAYETH JEROME THE PALADIN