Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 10-09-2004, 02:22 PM   #1
Sythe
Ra

My army consists of a total of 800 men and I am besieging the Germans and in the settlement they have 750. My army is split in two. One has six hundred and the other 200 (including the faction leader). I decide to assault the settlemnet I decide to take control of the smaller army. As I approach the gates my ram was destroyed by the Chosen Archers. Thankfully I had ladders. After a while I finnaly breach the wall and battle ensues. Now I see that my reinforcements haven't budged and I assumed that their ram was destroyed as well. I sent my calvary along with my faction leader to capture the gates on their side. When I finally did arrive my troops were exhausted. The resistance we met was chosen archers and they quickly fell beneath the hooves. But just around the corner was sixty spearman (Calvary's bane) I sent some calvary to charge dead ahead and had some others attack from the flank. We were winning! But my faction leader was killed and the rest of the calvary was slaughtered or fled. And those that were fleeing were killed by the towers that spat arrows. Meanwhile the rest of my army went to attack the square. The opposition (mostly melee units) we met was crippled by my archer's arrows. However I ran out of arrows are charged the rest of my archers against the waiting spearmen. The archers soon fled and I sent what remained of my calvalry (I had two units of Roman Leigionnares but had little numbers mostly due to the arrows of the damnable towers) My calvary managed to defeat the spearmen but at a very high cost.

Around this time there was only 15 or 20 calvary altogether. Then the chosen archers my faction leader greatly weakened charged at my calvary. They were losing but soon the rememaing spearmen came. I sent a calvary unit at their flank and I know I could have won if they hadn't soiled their pants and fled.

With 200 hundered units I managed to slaughter six hundred Germans. What remained of my units was below ten. And all 600 reinforcments were all fresh and standing there.......with their battering ram. I could not tell you how infuriating that was. Is there a patch or anything that I can disable that damned A.I.?
Old 10-10-2004, 02:30 PM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
How about this one.... an Egyptian army is besieging one of my cities, i decide to meet them outside the walls. Numbers are equal, but i have more cavalry. It doesn't take too long to defeat the entire Egyptian army, except for a group of no more than 5 chariots. They start fleeing, run around my citywalls in circles, my army chases them. They are a little faster than my cavalry, so i can't catch up with them, so i split my troops and send some units to another side of the map, to a place where the Egyptians will have to pass sooner or later. Partially succes, i manage to intercept the fleeing chariots, but still three of them escape. Finally time runs out and the battle ends.... in a draw !!!

I've destroyed their entire army, except for three friggin chariots who keep running around in circles, but refuse to leave the battlefield. My army is intact for somewhat 60%, they have three chariots, and the battle ends in a draw ?!?!?! PLEASE.... GIMME A BREAK !!!
Old 10-11-2004, 03:10 AM   #3
Chewbacca
Zartan

One way around the failings of the reinforcement A.I. is too not have a general leading the reinforcment army. From what I have read, you get to control them if they have a captain as a leader, the computer controls them if they have a general leading them.

I do hope the A.I. gets tweaked big-time in a patch.
Old 10-19-2004, 07:13 AM   #4
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Funny to hear these.. hehehe [img]smile.gif[/img] I mean in Warcraft they'd burn my butt in easy... shame...

Hope you guys get that better patch... people make better ones anyway. Just look at fan sites
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote