Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-17-2001, 08:11 PM   #1
StarVid
Elminster

Here's the thing. I got a mage that I'm taking through BG1 that I'm going to kit into a wild mage for BG2. I rolled pretty decent stats (point total of 85 ot 87), buy I want to lower my stats a bit just to make him an average character. Is using gatekeeper to do this going to mess up my game in any way? I'd just start over, but I'm about halfway through the game and would rather knock of a few points here and there than to have to do the Nashkel Mines all over again (I'm getting sick of that place).
Old 10-17-2001, 08:13 PM   #2
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Well, first of all you're in the wrong forum as this is the BG2 forum, but besides that, it shouldn't make your game any more unstable or messed up than it already is.
Old 10-17-2001, 08:15 PM   #3
StarVid
Elminster

what do you mean more unstable and messed up "than it already is"?
Old 10-18-2001, 02:04 AM   #4
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

Why on earth whould you want to LOWER your stats?!?!?!?!?!? That just sounds like an abysmaly stupid idea!! "Oh , this character is MUCH too good!! I cant have that . My character has to SUCK !!!!"

------------------
I am human just like anyone else , when you cut me , do I not bleed, right before I beat you like you stole something from me you no good little @#$^*&(*!&*(^$!%@!(*^$@$#
Old 10-18-2001, 05:22 AM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hunter of Jahanna:
Why on earth whould you want to LOWER your stats?!?!?!?!?!? That just sounds like an abysmaly stupid idea!! "Oh , this character is MUCH too good!! I cant have that . My character has to SUCK !!!!"
It's called role-playing. And you know what? I lower my score too if I have too many points to distribute.
Old 10-18-2001, 07:04 AM   #6
Mahlennacht
Drow Warrior

-Right, RP-ing...I just made up a 6-man party and used the CLUAconsole cheat for max stats, but I ALWAYS lower them to 80-90 total points depending on the characters - faster than rolling - and it's really boring with superman characters (I've tried).

MINOR SPOILER
I've used ShadowKeeper to alter my stats in SoA - when I didn't want to go all the way back and replay that well-known incident where one of your stats gets changed - I changed by mind about which stat I wanted changed, so I just used SK without any problems whatsoever - imagine GateKeeper would be just as OK, but there's always one person out there who runs into bugs...
Old 10-18-2001, 09:36 AM   #7
StarVid
Elminster

thanks for the info, but after thinking about it, I'm too much of a purist so I started over. I rolled about the same amount of points, but I distributed them more evenly (put a few more into charisma)...