Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Darkstone

Old 10-31-2001, 04:11 PM   #1
mrbbaggins

How do you kill the big guy at the end of the game?
Old 11-02-2001, 02:40 PM   #2
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Wow - not a small question . At a very minimun, you will need the seven crystals transformed into the Time Orb so you can use it to stop Draak regenerating. As for the actual tactics you can use to kill him, thats really up to you.

Give me a few more details, like class, level and weapons and I might be able to help a bit more

Have Fun

------------------
Regards

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)

[This message has been edited by Mouse (edited 11-02-2001).]
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2001, 07:12 AM   #3
WZ
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Here is a cool technique too easilly defeat him. You need to have the Time Orb of course (activate it when he gets about half his health), and wether a powerful "area" spell like magic bomb or poison cloud, or Fire resistance to the max (I just realized I didn't try Reflexions... may be it can do). Petrify or slow down the Wyverns he summons, then have him follow you as you run down towards the teleporter wich allows you to go back to the previous part of the caves. Have a look at this :

When you are there, in the corner, Draak cannot attack you. Just keep Magic bombing or Poison Clouding him and he will die without even hurting you once. If your spells don't deal enough damage, use a bow and take him down, if your Fire resistance is at the max, he will deal ridiculous damage, so just heal yourself once or twice and that's it. Else, maybe Reflexions works, I didn't try.

Pretty easy to take down the beast like that

[ 11-08-2001: Message edited by: WZ ]

Old 11-08-2001, 01:31 PM   #4
WZ
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Tested it again today today : Reflexions work. So you just cannot be hurt
Old 11-08-2001, 03:35 PM   #5
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Nice to see you here WZ [img]smile.gif[/img]

That was a very good answer, and to add my thoughts, if you are careful, you can run to just a little outside Draak's Lair. If you do it right, the big D stops just under the arch and blocks the wyverns from getting out.

You can then get on with killing Draak without worrying about the other pests

Oh, and yes, reflections is very handy.

Mouse
Old 11-08-2001, 03:50 PM   #6
WZ
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Glad to be helpful [img]smile.gif[/img] Yeah you really must leave the wyverns behind if you want to take the beast down easilly. BTW the summoned enemies always work the same way, & I found another handy technique, against the mages who summon Golems. Like Draak & his wyverns, they will never summon more than 2 Golems at the time (no matter how many sorcerers there are). Stone or Slow the Golems and leave them behind in a place you have already explored. As long as they're alive, the mages won't summon any more Golems This way you don't need to kill 2 Golems (or more) per mage, but 2 per level. Also works with Goblins summoning bats (3 is the max in that case). I just love easy techniques [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2001, 03:56 PM   #7
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

More good tips WZ [img]smile.gif[/img] Personally, I make it a point of principle to kill all the bat riding goblins I come across (apart from the one in my sig lol)

And for the wizards, I just stone them and chop them up (generally I use the unique stone curse axe against them and any other reflecting beasties)

Mouse
Old 11-08-2001, 05:45 PM   #8
WZ
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Don't have that unique for now. When I come across these I stone the bats & then I can kill the goblins peacefully. I found 3 uniques for now, and I'm disappointed, as they're somewhat weak (although I guess the trade scepter must be GREAT for a character who doesn't have the skill). I reached level 60 not long ago. But that technique was useful when I played the last dungeon 20 times in a row in Hero mode [img]smile.gif[/img]