Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-24-2001, 02:42 AM   #1
Charlander
Dungeon Master

WARNING!!! MAJOR SPOILER!!!

I just completed the game ("normal" difficulty setting), and I was wondering if anyone else in this forum has completed the game (SoA). I'd like some feedback on how you defeated Irenicus in Hell.

Actually I think the battle should've been harder on the "normal" difficulty setting, I defeated him easily (only lost 2 of my wiards). I didn't cast any magical protections at all only the sort of pretection you get from magical armor, weapons etc. (Protection from fire, charm and stuff like that).

Before I placed the last Tear of Bhaal in the eye on the wall, I rearranged my spells (removed all the defensive spells like spell turning, and replaced them with offencive spells like breach, secret word, pierce magic and remove magic), and then I slept in Hell to "activate" them.
The spells that can remove a wizards protection are very usefull, especially when you're in Hell with Irenicus because he casts a bunch of protective spells.

At first Irenicus summons about five demons. I took them down easily only using my character (the one I created). Then I changed into a slayer just like Irenicus did in the beginning of the fight, used my wizards to remove his protective spells and attacked him with my slayer. Not even a minute whent by before he was dead...

How did you deal with him?

------------------
...and he walked the earth for centuries, slaying creaturs of the underworld...

-Charlander
Old 10-24-2001, 03:01 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Carlo Sanciona and the girls vs Jon Irenicus.

Basically, I barrage the Demons first, ignoring Jonny boy. Once the Demons die( pretty fast really), I keep firing spells like Khelben's Warding Whip, Ruby Ray of Reversals, Breaches, Pierce Shields, etc... ... while my tanks beat the crap out of him.

[This message has been edited by Dundee Slaytern (edited 10-24-2001).]
Old 10-24-2001, 03:10 AM   #3
Charlander
Dungeon Master

Nice pictures you've got there Dundee Slaytern.

------------------
...and he walked the earth for centuries, slaying creaturs of the underworld...

-Charlander
Old 10-24-2001, 03:47 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Charlander:
Nice pictures you've got there Dundee Slaytern.
Thanks. I keep a whole bunch of webpages dedicated to my favourite moments in the game.
Old 10-24-2001, 07:39 AM   #5
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

I've had to kill him three time with one character. the first time without ToB. the second time with but it gliched at the going to ToB sequence and the third time it worked. well the third time i was pretty annoyed with old johnny boy so i got my team ready focussed everyone but my half-orc barbarian on the demons and had my barbarian attack john. then when the demons died i just centered my attacks on john. he died. the end. easy really (apart from the 5 times i reloaded.)

------------------